Dimpled frame history/info

DieselTech

Local time
3:19 AM
I'm curious if anybody out there can give me a history lesson. Or where I can look on info about dimpled frames. I know the WZ507 was a factory sold Schwinn Whizzer frame.
What I'm curious on is, I know there were other manufacturers making motorbike frames that were dimpled, I believe Columbia was 1 of them.
I believe also there were Schwinn bike frames that were sold & head badged under another name. So with all the Whizzer engine kits sold, could you go to a Schwinn dealer or whoever & have your frame dimpled?
Was there factory tooling to dimple a bicycle frame? If any info can be found or given, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

I'm curious if anybody out there can give me a history lesson. Or where I can look on info about dimpled frames. I know the WZ507 was a factory sold Schwinn Whizzer frame.
What I'm curious on is, I know there were other manufacturers making motorbike frames that were dimpled, I believe Columbia was 1 of them.
I believe also there were Schwinn bike frames that were sold & head badged under another name. So with all the Whizzer engine kits sold, could you go to a Schwinn dealer or whoever & have your frame dimpled?
Was there factory tooling to dimple a bicycle frame? If any info can be found or given, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Just grab Chainlube's "Mighty Thor" hammer...That should really dimple things right up there for ya...lol.

hammer-3d-render.jpg

Just grab Chainlube's "Mighty Thor" hammer...That should really dimple things right up for ya...lol.

hammer-3d-render.jpg
Well I was going to use a little more finesse than that.🤣😂🤣 It just seems you cant find much info about dimple frame bikes. I'm sure I'm just not using the right search info, when I'm on the interweb! Some of the history of other manufacturers & such.
Maybe some info on factory tooling & procedures, from back in the good ole days!!!

OK, I know what a dimple is, know what a frame is. Don't know what a dimple frame is. Any pics or clues?

OK, I know what a dimple is, know what a frame is. Don't know what a dimple frame is. Any pics or clues?
Many often times, "dimpling" may be used to accomodate wider tires, or anything else where the frame may interfer with something that we add or need to use on a bike that might not otherwise fit properly.

6ci1x9uffxy81.jpg

owKeFbY.jpg

20200108_202700-jpg.1304249

or anything else where the frame may interfer with something that we add or need to use on a bike that might not otherwise fit properly.
The frame is dimpled in a few other spots to clear the belt sheave on early motorbike/Whizzer frames.
Hence the reason why I mentioned "anything else..." on my post...lol.

Back