Dio Reed Carb- Throttle cable problems.

JoeDoomsday

Local time
11:15 AM
Hi Folks-
Got off my cheap ass and got the upgraded ported cylinder and dio reed calve intake with that big ass carb they have combo sets for on gasbike.net

I get everything together and im trying like all hell to get the (stock) throttle cable attached to no luck...
Is there a differant throttle cable I should be using or am I just a f***ing moron? Maybe shorten the housing?

Any input appreciated.

I had to shorten the housing about an inch. I used a dremil and it took about an hour because I didnt whant to hit the cable as then it would be junk then. If you have a shop that is able to crimp a dif end it would make it easy to cut the caseing or get a cable that fits.
Also your going to want to port the cylinder to make sure flakes don't break off and ruin it,also ajust the float and use the smallest jets but there not small enough so your going to need to get a jet kit and maybe it will run right.
I was VERY disappointed with the hole setup that I got threw gasbike I can't beleave zeda would even back that setup.
The carb is to big,the porting in the cylinder was a joke, and the cable doesn't fit. I got the shark motor settup from gasbike and 5 hp ya right I ended up porting the extra cylinder my self and it looked 10 times better than the duo one and using the small carb and stock mufler as the banana one broke and was porly welded at the flang witch caused it to leak so good luck

Back