direct hit spark

Hey pianoman, can you post a closeup of the carburetor installation? It looks like a tight fit. Did you have to modify anything to get it in there?

offical word buy this thing hot item lots of more tork even changed the sound a bit more like a bike should sound low end more git up punchy when you throttle it well worth the 40 dollars plus 6.99 for shipping so new plug new plug wire auto type and direct hit and off you go it just made it more spunky more fun to ride and a bit more dangerous if you have coaster brakes as far as hi end i really cannot get passed 25 mph without the pedal vibration which is less now but still there . but thats how the bike is not the engine still have more throttle to go. sprocket 44 tooth 25 to 1 gas newer carb so im sure if the pedal vibe was gone it would scream so im glad i bought this little product 47 bucks for a performance boost its just my style runs cleaner and a little meaner and a bit scary so now i got that out of the way the gap on my plug nkg b7hs is the gap it came with but according dr.spark need to move it back about 10 to 15 % but cannot because i dont know what the gap should be for 48 cc engine once i know were to put it it will probably be even better just have to experiment a little but all and all very happy with direct hit product larry ca ps i dont work for them either

that's great news, larry...now i gotta find the bucks cuz i want one!!! 8)

can you post a pic of the final setup?

forgot the photos
141_001_1.jpg

141_002_1.jpg

141_003_1.jpg

hey, blaze, here's a pic of my carb. settup...
you can see where the top tube of the frame is and the other tube where the seat post goes in.. i had a make a new manifold.., curenntly it runs great, just went by 150 miles on the odometer, and on the analog speedo, i can get it up to 33-34 on flat ground, but who knows how accurate that thing is.... i also just ordered the new style carb,
exactly like the one from this link..
http://motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=601&highlight=keihin
I'll have to make a new setup shortly, and i WOULD NOT advise setting up your air filter like mine!!! first reason being the only reason why i did this was lack of space. Second, When you flip the choke back and forth every time you start it, the foam rubs and somewhat cathes on the choke tab thingy that covers the intake bore, and as of now, my foam has a hole in the middle from rubbing on the choke lever. so that hole is obviously not filtering air at all!! just my $.02

289_manifold_1_6.jpg

-pianoman

pianoman i was looking at your pic im wondering if the flat bottom filter from coffe maker would work better its like a mesh screen i got one at home for my coffee maker they have them at starbucks . just and idea i think you could cut one to fit seeing how its just really to keep dirt and rain out and then screw on the back plastic piece to hold it on . larry ca

foyeburger, dude, good idea! thanx, I will definitely try that while i wait for the new carb. Although no one in this place drinks coffee, I'll get one before i take the bike on a next ride.

-pianoman

pianoman wow thats going to be a real tight fit with the newer carb you probably wont be able to use the airfilter that comes with it but i think you can at least get the carb in . maybe use one of those like sock filters it will probably smash up on your seatpost frame but at least it some sort of filter . larry ca

yeah, i'll have to wait and see.... until then I'll just keep ridin it, i can't wait for summer! warm weather sounds really good!

-pianoman

Back