Dirt world?

G

I was wondering who/if anyone has set up a frame mount for off road?

Any input?

i have a few off-road shortcuts i use, but i have to be conservative...still fun tho 8)

My botm entry was nicknamed the dirt-kicker right after I built it. But I only had it off road a handfull of times. there's an old overgrown alley behind my block, with a good ditch to cross. we do just fine there. I run a 50 tooth sprocket on it, so it's got some climbing power.

so, Joe..... what are you thinking here? wanna give us a hint?

Kings Motor Bikes has a really neat looking bicycle/dirtbike.

Here is a pic
904_mb1_1.jpg

srdavo said:
My botm entry was nicknamed the dirt-kicker right after I built it. But I only had it off road a handfull of times. there's an old overgrown alley behind my block, with a good ditch to cross. we do just fine there. I run a 50 tooth sprocket on it, so it's got some climbing power.

so, Joe..... what are you thinking here? wanna give us a hint?

Well....I saw your bike and it started the wheels turning......I have also been thinking about the Honda 90 I sold to "finance" my endeavor into motored bikes.

I used it to explore the considerable network of abandoned railroad right of ways around here. I was thinking of making an off road compatable version of one of these bikes. I wanted to make it more suitable for off road than on. I was thinking as light as possible, bulletproof tires, big, semi waterproof airbox, low gear and maybe increased fuel capacity and quiet(er) exhaust.

I haven't had any luck selling the Western Flyer, so I was thinking if I removed the kit from that and started working on an "off roader" I would like suspension, but it's not completely needed as the right of ways are packed gravel for the most part, and I'd rather have less weight.

hey, joe-
you said you wanted to make it more suitable for off-road than on...IMHO you should really consider front and rear suspension. i mean if you're going to a lower gear, what's an extra pound or so? think of how much less stress everything will have on it over bumps. riding through town i wish a had some cushion

GT used to make a full suspension frame where the triangle was wide open. I think I saw pics of one on this site?
just a thought

srdavo said:
GT used to make a full suspension frame where the triangle was wide open. I think I saw pics of one on this site?
just a thought

But think of the chain tension from the engine to the wheel, unless maybe you have a spring loaded tensioner that could keep the chain well tensioned as the suspension moves. Maybe something along the lines of the tensioners for rear derailers, but for the engine chain.

Back