Disaster ! ! ! !

Houghmade I agree with what you said but if she turned into him it is her fault and she needs to step up and make him whole. If everyone did that suing wouldnt be necessary.

Hey Crab,
I'm not doing anything just yet...I think until I have this terrible burning desire and/or I get tired of the bike, I'll wait. Yes, the prices are going up, but then again, when there's more on the road, it "should" be at least a little bit safer.

Ransrider - parts are there...I've done a LOT of research. There's a Chinese Scooter forum much like this... (God, I'm such a forum junkee lately!)

Are you talking about Scootdawg? that place is GREAT for anybody looking to get a scooter. I spent a lot of time on that forum thinking I would get one. I eventually went to a store that was selling some SUNL models just to see how they fit and was disappointed to find that I am way too tall to ride anything smaller than a Bergman scooter. (I'm 6'5" with looong legs)

Anyway, with all the time I spent on there, the conclusion I came to was this: Chinese bikes are great if you're willing to get your hands dirty. I'd venture to guess that anybody here who's messed around with these kits would have no problem. And even though all the bikes from different manufacturer's look the same, they are not equal. They do use the same design, but the difference lies in where each factory sources its parts, and their quality control process. The best ones that I've heard of are Fly Scooters and Lance. Roketa and Tank are a step down from those, but also better than most. I would avoid SUNL and TNG. Those are the cheapest out there, but for a good reason. Inferior welds and alloys, assembled carelessly.

I bought one (different) tear-drop shaped... handlebar mount...works, doesn't move, but too small. I'll order this one (Mirracle). (It doesn't move out of position from vibration, does it?)

Houghmade I agree with what you said but if she turned into him it is her fault and she needs to step up and make him whole. If everyone did that suing wouldnt be necessary.

I agree with that 1000%

im not a bad guy or a money hunter, i always pass the word of safety whether im paintballing or snowboarding, playing basket ball , or anything that requires it, i just need to heal and get back up on the horse. i have to tell myself what would would i expect if i was the driver and the poor woman was on the floor cut up with a battered hand, upon other injuruies. unfortunately that's why they are called accidents. i felt horrible for the driver. now from experience i found out that you need to be safe 110% of the time , 100% just doesn't cut it anymore. toot toot

Yea its a JUNGLE out there, cars are lions and a woman on a cell phone driving is a MANEATER!

When I ride and I see a cager about to get in my path not seeing me I let out a loud yell. When they do notice me I give them a wave of gratitude.

I always assume people are going to make right turns into me. I have my horn ready and sometimes even give out a warning blast before they make the turn. I always wave if they wait for me.

A quick word on safety; those bright yellow vests with the reflective stripes are just great. You are very visible. Riding at night I've found that half of the cagers are completely in the left lane as they pass me. (The other jerks still blow by at 55 or 60 with only a foot or so between us. How can people be so carless with someone elses very life? But at least I know they see me.)

And another bonus; in hot weather like this you just take off your T-shirt and wear the vest. The air blows through it and that bright yellow reflects a lot of the Sun light. It's so much better than riding along in a stinking, steamy cotton shirt.

Of course, this comes short of some advice to wear armor and full face helmet, etc. And that's good advice. But I ride pretty slow. Hardly faster than a pedal cycle. Maybe no faster at all most of the time. Still ride a pedal bike at least half the time, for that matter.

So maybe the vest thing is best for only slow riders.

Back