disc brake hub ?

azbill

Local time
12:29 AM
I have been thinking of a new back wheel with a freewheel on right and disc mount on left.
what I want to do is take a regular bike sprocket and drill it to mount to disc mount, I will also have to use spacers/washers to allow clearance of my 3" back tire.
I have been having a very hard time doing my back sprocket, it is very hard to center and true a sprocket when you use five chunks of rubber... not to mention the extra flex that may be the cause of an elusive vibration that I can't tack down :devilish: :devilish:
does anyone know whether this is realistic or am I just spinnin my gears?

azkronic said:
I have been thinking of a new back wheel with a freewheel on right and disc mount on left.
what I want to do is take a regular bike sprocket and drill it to mount to disc mount, I will also have to use spacers/washers to allow clearance of my 3" back tire.
I have been having a very hard time doing my back sprocket, it is very hard to center and true a sprocket when you use five chunks of rubber... not to mention the extra flex that may be the cause of an elusive vibration that I can't tack down :devilish: :devilish:
does anyone know whether this is realistic or am I just spinnin my gears?

the disc brake wheel / sprocket attachment has been done. I believe there is a post here about it. I've thought about this for a while, but haven't found a cheap wheel to play with. It looks like the real deal. & a much better way to space the sprocket over for tire clearance.

Back