Disc brake questions

Whitewill1412

Local time
12:05 PM
Do you need certain rims to attach disc brakes? I bought a front disc brake and I don't see any way to attach the rotor. Is there some type of adapter to attach the rotor to a wheel hub that isn't made for disc brakes or do I need a new whéel?

Are bbr tuning rims any good? There is a disc brake ready one on Amazon for 50 bucks
These are the ones I use, (3 spoke mags), and they are quite hefty and can take not only my bikes 80 pds, but also my lard butt of 217 pounds along with it without cracking like the 5, 6 and 10 spoke mags do...These are not only disk ready, they come with the disks and calipers and brake pads too...lol.

They come in different colours...here is a pic of the black ones I've got.

Here they are on my bike and I have been riding them for 2.5 years now for a total of 1500 miles thus far.

DSCN0229.JPG

This is what I'm talking about.
BBR Tuning Rear Heavy Duty 12 Gauge 26 Inch x 1.5 Inch Rim - (Black Freewheel Disc-Brake Ready) https://a.co/d/bBEHy9o

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There is a real reason why I did not buy the BBR tuning mag rims of 5, 6, or 10 spoke design...They have problems with cracking and breaking, usually at speed, right where the spoke attaches to the mag rim because of mush less thickness and width of metal to be of much use other than on a pedal bike which results in its failure.

The three spoke mag on the other hand is much more substantial with a huge amount of "real estate" contact by volume of space and width contact with the mag rim, mine have not even shown so much as a minor crack in 2.5 years with 1500 miles and my average cruising speed is 35MPH, so I know it is good for our little beasties that we build...lol.

This is what I'm talking about.
BBR Tuning Rear Heavy Duty 12 Gauge 26 Inch x 1.5 Inch Rim - (Black Freewheel Disc-Brake Ready) https://a.co/d/bBEHy9o
Ahh, OK...Everytime I see what is called BBR tuning rim, all I ever see is mags...Now I see they also have them in spoke version now that you have provided a link for us all to see...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back