Disc Brake ready mag wheel set chain alignment issues HELP NEEDED.

Nate Livingood

Local time
11:55 PM
So I just got my mag rims in got the front on with the disc brake but when I put the back one on the chain isn't aligned properly. I have a huffy cranbrook bike frame and with a regular ragjoint sprocket as well as a hub adapter mount sprocket worked fine but the way they have these mag rims it just doesn't line up right. the sprocket is too far out away from the bike and its just not right I cant really explain any better than that. but I got the ten spoke wheel set that is disc brake ready. anybody else have this problem or ideas how to correct it? any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible to adjust your engine mount to shift it slightly away from the bike so that the engine sprocket is most closely aligned? Have you tried to adjust the chain tensioner to help guide the chain, you might even have to bend it some to make it line up.

Thanks for the input everyone I decided to just build a whole new bike from the ground up. I had this bike for a year and I now know enough about them that its time to make the leap. Ive just recently got a GT frame with triple tree air suspension front forks as well as high quality bottom bracket, tuned expansion chamber, lightning c.d.i. and everything else in between. I figure if I'm going to be putting that many miles on a bike I might as well build a nice one that I don't have to worry about as much. And I am waiting on my pk 80 race engine from CR machine (Fred Chelminski's shop creator of the original "fred head" for those who don't know) his motors come with a proper measured port job, balanced crank, upgraded hardware, ext. I've heard nothing but good things about the guys work and from what Ive seen on youtube the dude knows his stuff when it comes to motorized bikes. I just found out recently that he's building motors with compression release valves and specialty offset motors for the chopper bikes. Crazy!!!! The guy must truly have a passion for these bikes, cant wait to get my motor and fire it up. Too bad I live in Illinois though there will be snow on the ground soon lol.

Thanks for the input everyone I decided to just build a whole new bike from the ground up. I had this bike for a year and I now know enough about them that its time to make the leap. Ive just recently got a GT frame with triple tree air suspension front forks as well as high quality bottom bracket, tuned expansion chamber, lightning c.d.i. and everything else in between. I figure if I'm going to be putting that many miles on a bike I might as well build a nice one that I don't have to worry about as much. And I am waiting on my pk 80 race engine from CR machine (Fred Chelminski's shop creator of the original "fred head" for those who don't know) his motors come with a proper measured port job, balanced crank, upgraded hardware, ext. I've heard nothing but good things about the guys work and from what Ive seen on youtube the dude knows his stuff when it comes to motorized bikes. I just found out recently that he's building motors with compression release valves and specialty offset motors for the chopper bikes. Crazy!!!! The guy must truly have a passion for these bikes, cant wait to get my motor and fire it up. Too bad I live in Illinois though there will be snow on the ground soon lol.

If I were to buy a ported engine Fred would be one of the few people I would trust to do it correctly. I'm certain you will be satisfied. Please post pictures of your bike here when you get it all put it together!

Someone needs machine a one piece top hat ,brake disc with some side adjustment to work with hydraulic disc brakes on a motorized bicycle !

Back