Disk Brakes Question

inspectorcritic

Local time
6:06 PM
I was just taking a look on eBay they have disk brake for real cheap plus free shipping a pair for $13.00 at REI for just 1 disk they wanted $78.00

When they say disk brakes do I need to buy the bracket for them, their very brief on descriptions?

Is there any way to mount it to my drive wheel I have mag rims but the disk bolt holes are in use holding the gear drive on. I could get longer studs for both but is there enough clearance?

I really would like to have an improvement on my rear brake.

For the rear disc and sprocket to fit on the same side on the rear wheel you'll need to space them apart slightly and make sure your disc rotor is larger than your sprocket so the caliper doesn't get chainsawed. You'll also likely need to space out your caliper to center it over the disc.

For the rear disc and sprocket to fit on the same side on the rear wheel you'll need to space them apart slightly and make sure your disc rotor is larger than your sprocket so the caliper doesn't get chainsawed. You'll also likely need to space out your caliper to center it over the disc.

I found on eBay an adapter looks pretty nifty 1 is for $25 the other $15 looks much different made specifically gaz bikes

Back