Dismantling a Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean.au

Local time
12:25 AM
My Hua Sheng F142 stopped durring a recent ride, it felt like it had ceased up, however it is well looked after and should not cease.
I dismantled the engine yesterday and was asked to display photos here of dismantling process.
Through the dismantling I was able to id problem, the problem is to do with component part 33 from the 142F Instruction Manual, the part is called a Shift Fork (pic 18 shows part in the manual).
I live on a farm and do regular mechanical work on a variety of machines, the component part 33 is to do with the bolts that clamp the Link Lever (Piston Arm) to the Crankshaft, which is called the Crank Case in the manual. Usual practise in clamping a Piston Arm to a Crankshaft is to use a lock washer that you bend up against clamp bolts to prevent them turning and comming out, I found no lock method used in this F142.
I can not see the use for part 33, it does not appear to interact with any other components of the engine and I have never seen it in other types of engines. If you recognise its use please let me know.
I will test engine today without part 33 and use a couple of spring washers on clamp.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3,517
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,415
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2,475
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 2,514
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 2,149
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 2,671
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,308
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,122
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,149
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,239
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,105
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2,135
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 2,153
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,123
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,225
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2,027
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,065
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,121
Oil Slinger

The part in question is used to sling oil about the crankcase. A stir stick bolted to the bottom of the connecting rod, it slings the oil, helping get the lubrication where its needed.

ocscully

Oil Slinger

Thanks ocscully,
I did think that, as it's the only thing it would be doing, but its name caused a different direction of thought. I'll run it without Oil Sling, then check to see if oil is getting where its needed, then maybe go about making one that will lock bolts in place.

Thanks again

i would never run an splash lubrification engine with out the Oil Slinger on, thats where all its lubrification comes from and if you run it for lng you will more likely find a scored bore and piston when you take it apart again or at least more wear on them:eek:
G-Superior:D

Thanks G-Superior,
Ran without Oil Slinger and extra oil yesterday, engine ran 1 min and then clamp bolts came loose.
Today I fashioned a Oil Sling with bolt lock, attached pic. I'll give this new part, a go tomorrow.
Thanks again

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 2,221
Pic 03.jpg shows a plastic cog (cam wheel) with wear from rubbing against two steel components. This engine has done 2000 kms over a 6 mth period.

Question, does the honda version use a plastic cog?
I would like two use a steel or steel sleeved version of this cog.

If you talking about the cam gears is got wear, well this is normal but is probably wering much quicker due to the cheap quality plastic(i dont remember which type of plastic it is but there is a proper one that has really hard wearing surface)
OH i nearly forgot to say that most lawn mowers and small engines(4 stroke) today have plastic gears on the cam and some of the (most briggs and strattons) have the hole cam made out of it!:eek:
But thats also good because it reduces the gear noise by a massive amount and also the costing(in a metal one they would have to machine it while on the plastic one is just remove it out of the mold and "off you go in the engine".:-/
If it looks really bad just get a genuine honda one and you ready for unlimited miles!:D
G-Superior:D

it is metal from what i remember, i found this out the hard way, my good (idiot) friend decided he was going to take apart my engine one day while i wasnt in the garage...

anyhow took off the casing and ahhhhh !!!!! out poped various parts, cogs, push rods etc, waiting to get my hands on some hondabond too put it back together...

moral of the story keep your friends away from your engines !!!!!!!!!

Thanks G-Superior
Will source a genuine Honda part and look foward to unlimited miles, am thinking of getting a Honda CRF 50 engine to work on a bicycle.
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back