Break In Distance of the Break in period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

Local time
3:27 AM
Hey, what is the distance/how many tanks of fuel is the break in for a 2 stroke?
Thanks

not exactly sure, but here's what i did.
I ran one tank of 20:1 and then went to 32:1 after that tank was gone.
that was in 2009, and that engine is running strong with plenty of power.
I did the same with my second engine, and that was in 2010...still going strong with more than enough power.
there are many opinions on breaking in these engines.
some will say to go with 20:1 and ride it hard right out of the box.
Others will say to go with 20:1 and baby it, varying the throttle and not holding it in one place for too long. keep your riding time to about 30 minutes at a time, and let the motor cool for at least 30 minutes between each ride.
I used the varying the throttle method with 20:1 and i didn't go full throttle until i started running the tank of 32:1.
i'm not saying that this is the correct way, but it's what worked for me.

not exactly sure, but here's what i did.
I ran one tank of 20:1 and then went to 32:1 after that tank was gone.
that was in 2009, and that engine is running strong with plenty of power.
I did the same with my second engine, and that was in 2010...still going strong with more than enough power.
there are many opinions on breaking in these engines.
some will say to go with 20:1 and ride it hard right out of the box.
Others will say to go with 20:1 and baby it, varying the throttle and not holding it in one place for too long. keep your riding time to about 30 minutes at a time, and let the motor cool for at least 30 minutes between each ride.
I used the varying the throttle method with 20:1 and i didn't go full throttle until i started running the tank of 32:1.
i'm not saying that this is the correct way, but it's what worked for me.
Thanks, im into my third tank running at 16:1 and varying the throttle, ill probably do one more tank of 16:1 then go to 20:1 then gradually work my way up.

if i was u corey

id get my butt to big-w an buy a repco 9f speedo only 20 bux .

then you will know both how far a tank takes you an how fast ur travellin at .

its the speedo im usin an works well (only im usin a aldi speedo body that has a light )
when i did my break in i went at 20kph hands free for 4 tanks b4 i started usin my throttle
now i add 165 ml of oil to my victa fuel can but i am about to add a sbp shiftkit 2 an sbp exhaust .
i have em but no 100 mm grinder
tool kit is a cell bike workshop tool case (40 bux).....cellbike.com.au

brad
villawood

if i was u corey

id get my butt to big-w an buy a repco 9f speedo only 20 bux .

then you will know both how far a tank takes you an how fast ur travellin at .

its the speedo im usin an works well (only im usin a aldi speedo body that has a light )
when i did my break in i went at 20kph hands free for 4 tanks b4 i started usin my throttle
now i add 165 ml of oil to my victa fuel can but i am about to add a sbp shiftkit 2 an sbp exhaust .
i have em but no 100 mm grinder
tool kit is a cell bike workshop tool case (40 bux).....cellbike.com.au

brad
villawood

Yeah man, just bought a speedo from Kmart about 2 hours ago

i hope its not a wireless speedo coz they dont work with the cdi ...

brad

recommended is (500km at a speed of 20km/h) or (310 miles at a speed of 12mph) It should be covered in the manual...

You can feel it when it breaks in. More response, higher compression etc. Let that be your tell tale sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back