DIY Case Reed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best guess would be to cut the transfer hole in the case the proper size the drill out the bolt holes for the proper width the maybe tap those 2 holes and put a nut on the other side and use something like jb weld all over it. I have not looked up the design yet but I’m adduminf that’s how, you would also need to split the case to do this. Or I believe they actually sell the cases

Zeda sells cases.
You would need a mill to do it the way my Zeda is. I may be doing a rebuild thanksgiving weekend so I can post pics then.
You could probably do it with a drill and some files. Just flatten the are between the jug and top case bolt. Drill the bolt holes then drill a hole in each case half for the port. Split the case and shape each half of the port. Doing it this way would add to the cade volume however.

see thats where im at ive got two engines im rebuilding and im to the point of putting the case bearinggss clutch crank and all that lower end fun and im just pondering my intake possibilities aiming towards as much performance and reliability as i can i was thinking abbout modifying a dio shorty intakes bolt holes to match a cdh reed that is useable with 32 and 40mm bolt spacing they almost line up i just gotta elongate them about 2mm iinwards maybe see how one of my oko 21mm or 26mm nibbi carb works or maybe make a dio cylinder i dunno really i got one of those weird flying horse cylinders with the split exhaust port i havennt used yet too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back