DIY fuel cell

Mason Saubier

Local time
7:06 AM
Is there an easy way to make a gas tank/fuel cell? I was thinking I might be able to turn a fuel bottle like this one
https://goo.gl/G362FN
into a fuel cell. I don't own a welder so it might be a little tricky. If anyone has any ideas on how to do this that would be very helpful. Thanks

I made one for spare fuel. Not a primary gas tank tho. I used a TruFuel Premixed cAn. Painted it red. Can be seen on my profile picture.

Can I ask why you want a gas tank for a gas tank?

I've started carrying about 8 ounces of spare gas in a small Pvc pipe cement container, you know the little metal ones with the brush attached to the cap? If you run across an empty one they are small enough to keep on the bike easily but large enough to get you a couple miles, I could get a 20 minute trip out of it, enough to get to a gas station, and then I just dump 2 oz of oil I keep in a 5 hour energy bottle in the half gallon tank I use, fill with standard fuel and give it a little shake, keep riding lol, can refill the spare canister with the drain tube on the carburetor lol...

Can I ask why you want a gas tank for a gas tank?

I've started carrying about 8 ounces of spare gas in a small Pvc pipe cement container, you know the little metal ones with the brush attached to the cap? If you run across an empty one they are small enough to keep on the bike easily but large enough to get you a couple miles, I could get a 20 minute trip out of it, enough to get to a gas station, and then I just dump 2 oz of oil I keep in a 5 hour energy bottle in the half gallon tank I use, fill with standard fuel and give it a little shake, keep riding lol, can refill the spare canister with the drain tube on the carburetor lol...
I wanted to build a gas tank because someone on here said that the stock gas tank that came with the kit wouldn't fit on the top bar of the cruiser I want. But it looks like it will so I won't have to make one.

I wanted to build a gas tank because someone on here said that the stock gas tank that came with the kit wouldn't fit on the top bar of the cruiser I want.
I think it would fit, even then you can get a tank with better stud spacing, or even just put the stock on the back with a piece o' wood.

Back