Diy Lighting With 18650 Li-Ion Battery Packs?

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
11:55 AM
Ive got some battery packs salvaged from some old bluetooths speakers and am curious what i can do with them as far as how i could go about wiring them together or just wiring one of them to a light of some sort with switch and possibly a usb port to keep it charged im not very educated in the electrical areas

Attachments

• 20190704_122254.jpg
    20190704_122254.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 175
3 cell should be perfect for a 12v system as long as they are in series. I use a 4s system and have 16.8v but run all led. You can use them as is or take them apart and add a pcb bms circuit board. They sell the boards cheap on ebay and Amazon. If you get one and need help I can help. It's easier than it sounds if you can solder.

Ive got some battery packs salvaged from some old bluetooths speakers and am curious what i can do with them as far as how i could go about wiring them together or just wiring one of them to a light of some sort with switch and possibly a usb port to keep it charged im not very educated in the electrical areas
there 11.1v, which should be enough to power a 12v led, what type of light are you planning to mount it on? (led, contestant, or some other type)
i want to say it should last for a few hours, you can add a 3 position switch (off, on, and on with a resister to act as a low beam)
if you have a soldering iron, i would solder a deans connector on to it (so you can remove and replace the battery easily, as oppose to directly soldering it on)

if you have the 3 wire magneto you could just wire up that to a charger some how (possibly get a 12v car charger, splice ground on the frame and the white wire to the strip, itll charge the battery slow, but it will keep up if you run the engine and turn the led off)

should be a interesting, hope you come up with something!

im waiting on a new soldering iron to show up but i know the basics of soldering i cant build motherboards or anything but i can definitly solder wires together for sure lmao so what should i get first i wanna run an led head light of some sort

Following this one, please keep this going. I need a small12v battery that is rechargeable.

Following this one, please keep this going. I need a small12v battery that is rechargeable.
If you can solder then get this board.

You need 3 18650 batteries, a holder for the cells, wire, and connectors. A simple 13-14v wall charger will work. Sounds like a lot of stuff but it's all cheap enough on ebay and Amazon. I have about $50 into my 4s battery and charger. Have a real motorcycle headlight and tail light and only charge everyb2 weeks. I do have very good Samsung cells and run higher voltage but this type of pack with good cells will get long run times.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I have been building wildlife feeders for my ranch for a few years, so the soldering etc., is pretty well solved. I tried the RC prefabbed batter packs, those were not for me. I did get a guy at the Interstate battery place to help build 2 ION battery packs last year. That convinced me to upgrade the rest of them. With the Deans connectors they are snap tp replace. Just need to make up about 8 more.

Back