DIY sprocket adapter

A transfer punch would make it simple to copy the bolt pattern onto a piece of scrap.
I like big black magic markers. Stick them right in the h- actually let's not go that far but you know what to do with it when you get there. Some of them even have a magic perfume that make you happy when you use them.

DIY , did what I did close to 60 years ago. Cut the sprocket to fit the hub and weld it on. Lol new approach would be to weld a small ring mount to bolt a sprocket to.............Curt

I did laser cut my custom hub adapter. Shouldn't cost more than $15 but you have to draw it in vector drawing program and export as .dxf

Attachments

• obejma.jpg
    obejma.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 144
LOL one was a file and a lot of elbow grease, and my uncle welded it.............Curt

Clams adapter had two of them and both slipped and ruin my spokes , this is a bad design how is two smooth surfaces are to bond ,the torque on any size engine will move the sprocket adapter tried shims still slipped had two beads weld on adapter one on each side of adapter halfs so far so good, may get a disc brake rim a try that method but wondering about chain alignment ,I will never use clamshell again faulty design it sounds good but to me it is not

Clams adapter had two of them and both slipped and ruin my spokes , this is a bad design how is two smooth surfaces are to bond ,the torque on any size engine will move the sprocket adapter tried shims still slipped had two beads weld on adapter one on each side of adapter halfs so far so good, may get a disc brake rim a try that method but wondering about chain alignment ,I will never use clamshell again faulty design it sounds good but to me it is not

Thanks for the report

I used a disc brake & I had to weld a top hat design because you’re right -it ain’t gonna align.

My only worry was cracking the thing under stress but ‘‘twas smoother than the ole rag

This is no where near as elegant as Furry's, but they do work and are adjustable. You still need a rim brake hoop.View media item 60792View media item 60791View media item 60790
Thanks for the report

I used a disc brake & I had to weld a top hat design because you’re right -it ain’t gonna align.

My only worry was cracking the thing under stress but ‘‘twas smoother than the ole rag
Well the weld clamshell slipped so I am done with these problem is my adapter is 1 in hub is under even with shims it slipped,so I am ordering mag wheel and mount my sprocket on disc brake hub and order any additional parts for chain alignment from mbrebel had enough of this

Back