DKW 125 and other beauties

augidog said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

don't misunderstand, man...all cool bikes are most certainly welcome here!!

but, let's reserve the MotoredBikes.com gallery for motoredbikes, m'kay? 8)

man, that 4-stroke kit is the sh**s...

:? who are you talking to? skyl4rk? that looks like a motoredbike to me (and a sweet one, at that). it doesnt go in the pic gallery? I am so confused?

spunout said:
augidog said:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

don't misunderstand, man...all cool bikes are most certainly welcome here!!

but, let's reserve the MotoredBikes.com gallery for motoredbikes, m'kay? 8)

man, that 4-stroke kit is the sh**s...

:? who are you talking to? skyl4rk? that looks like a motoredbike to me (and a sweet one, at that). it doesnt go in the pic gallery? I am so confused?
these old motorcycles were in the gallery (motoredbikes only)
when they got moved here, apparently pete thru one of his whiny deals
he is the only person here, who after being told the reason something was done, still squawks

I don't believe skyl4rk had an issue with it

there is a reason why things are in the order and place they are, most people can accept that and be done with it
... a select few (very few, that I've seen) can't

At this point, I'm just confused. I posted the old motorcycles so I could go and look at the pics while putting together my motorized bicycle. Its a style thing, I like the way they look and will try to make my bike look similar.

not confusing...

our pic gallery is for, preferrably, member's finished motoredbikes. a bit of semi-topic trivia is allowed, but a gallery of all motorcycles is kinda out of place there, agreed?

so, there's not a problem with the pictures or the post, it was placement. i suspect if not for someone needing to stir up a lil poop the whole thing woulda been a non-issue :censored:

give me credit for being an enthusiast despite me having to keep things tight here, the motorcycles are gorgeous. toss stuff like that in general discussion or off-topic anytime you like...use it as your "notepad"...all good buddy, & believe me it'll get plenty of views and activity too 8)

azcronic,

It is and was not a big deal. I wish skyl4rk the best in building a DKW replica. Mike has motored bikes that look like loop frame veterans, Firebikes has a few too, one a Flying Merkel replica that I like. Point? The early motorcycles had pedals on them.

I was kidding with augi and had several smiles in my post. If some of those got delete and changed the context...so what. Once my spokes get here I won't be posting for awhile. So what to that too. There are a number of older guys here that remember, have worked on or restored old classic bikes, so there is an interest and it will surface and it will make little difference if I'm here or not.

I find it ironic that many choppers of the '60s suffered from cracked frames and were impossible to ride any distance at all because of poor comfort. Then your bike of the month comes up with a cracked frame. These Chinese strokers in poorly exicuted frames are a throw back to much more difficult times. Enjoy them. :cool:

pete, have you figured out yet that the jokes are not always clearly jokes, & obviously cause confusion with the new folks i'm trying to orient?

you yourself posted a very informative and amusing video about posting in general...one question that the video asks is "does it contribute to the conversation?"

well, do those "jokes" contribute?

skyl4rk: i apologize for the mess...PM me if you'd like to moderate everything into a new topic, or feel free to carry on here 8)

:LOL:

skyl4rk: so, it looks like you're still in planning stages...the 4-stroker's your choice, i see. that's cool to see 'em take off so quickly. if i missed an earlier post, sorry for askin again...you have a bicycle picked out yet?

Back