Do Front Shocks make a worthwhile difference?

K

kamikazi_kostka

When I am going at 26 mph...my handlebars shake like crazy, and it is hard to hold on.

If I get front shocks will it make a difference?

is it worth the cash?

I already have rubber inserts put inbetween my mounting brackets

Thanks,
Chris

It sound like you have something else going on shocks or not, engine or not my bikes don't have a front end shake. Is the headset tight? Is the front wheel and tire true and round? Are your front wheel bearings OK? Those are the things that would cause it to shake.

I'm pretty sure the bike is fine.

It is not really shaking, just vibrating. I don't know how to describe it. It is just sort of hard to hold on, and I am wondering if shocks will make a difference.

Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

kamikazi_kostka...just a guess, based on my (solid mount-NO vibration in bars) experience: maybe your mounts are allowing for a bit too much engine movement & transfering it thru the frame?

just wondering but did you drill the frame for the front motor mount and mount it that way? if thats the case the vibration is goin towrds the frnt up th bar and to the handlebars my guess if not then try loosen up the front motor mount see if it gets better a little at a TIME LARRY CA

Springer front end

Hi , To be totally honest I got the Monarch style springer front end cause it looked so cool. I kinda figured any improvement would be iceing on the cake. Well I got the look I wanted and the ride I wanted all in one. It rides much nicer and looks cool to boot. Yes it was worth the money. 125 dollars with ship and handel. Tom

omg TOM, splurging for HANDLES !!!

Am I detecting a tad of MBaddiction?

A GOOD WESTVIRGINIA BICYCLE SHOULD HAVE HANDLES WHITTLED FROM WOOD !!!

Don't start spending the VWVans MONTHLY OIL FUNDS!!!

I've been waiting for the West Virginia state quarter to come out with a pickup truck up on blocks and an out house in the background and a fat lady bent over hanging up the laundry....... Actually I was talking about shipping and handeling charges for the front forks. It came to 125 dollars total and yes I'm addicted to the sport . I would be riding right now if not for the rain. I catch myself walking over to the window and looking at it sitting on the carport and wishing. Well as they say wish in one hand and ......T in WV

Back