Do i have to strip the paint off to spray paint?

CrispyLeaves98

Local time
1:44 AM
Do I have to strip the paint off of my new MTB to paint it, the colors suck but its all walmart had. also, what is a good spray can for the engine? I just wanna do the cylender head, if you ask why I dont get one of those cool 9$ chinese heads its cause I dont own a torque wrench, but the hardware store might!!

I don't even use a torque wrench on these anymore. My hands learned where they should be. An you should lightly sand before painting, then clean good with soap and water. Then rinse and let dry before painting. High temp bbq paint or just engine paint works on these pretty good. A cheap torque wrench is 12 bucks if you need one. Will work fine on these. Then you can get that cool head you want.

Go to an auto parts store and get some high temp engine spray paint. Be sure the head is clean and grease free. For your bike frame, ruff the surface with medium emery paper and wipe clean with paint thinner. You might want to start with a primer coat, then finish with a compatible, enamel spray paint. Follow the directions on the can. Let paint fully harden before rebuilding the bike.

Back