Do Motoredbikes belong on bike paths?

Should Motoredbicyclists ride on Bile Paths

• Total voters
word.
about that sign clean u after your dog eh, i think ill just go and scratch out no motorized vehicles and scrawl that over it instead haha.

I think it's totally situation based. I ride into town along the only available road. 2 lanes both ways. 40mph with the cars going 50+. Along there I ride the sidewalk. Anyplace there's a bike lane along the street? You bet that's there for me. Now we have a big lake park in the middle of town 3 1/2m to go all the way around with a nice walking/bike path all the way around. I don't ride there. It's for regular bikes, kids, family's. In town I ride with the traffic. It just depends on where you are at the time. I hate the sidewalk but in some places it's the only safer choice.

yes that it may be Junster

I think it's totally situation based

yes that it may be Junster
in many places -- situation based
but -- for those of us here in good old the Golden State of Calif

when the sign reads -- NO MOTORED VEHICLES ALLOWED

let me tell you that's exactly what they mean

I used to work around some of those Park Rangers and the such -- Pooolice
Park Rangers love to write tickets -- kind of like want to be cops

ride that thing

Even though I ride "The Dragon Lady" to work every day, it is not enough exercise for this senior citizen.

I still leave my mountain bike at work, where the maintenance man tried to steal it.:whistle:

The bike's purpose was to pedal to eating places at lunchtime. If I'd use "The Dragon Lady" I wouldn't feel like going back to the workplace after motoring away.:giggle:

Recently I started pedalling this 21-speed bike for 45 minutes' exercise during lunch hour. My ride takes me on the bikepath under the freeway. The homeless and "ice" addicts live under the roads. Foot and bike traffic along this 2.5 mile stretch is utilitarian and never crowded. There are no families or casual strollers there.

The path winds around the pillars supporting the freeway above it. One must be very observant and alert in those places, especially at the eight traffic intersections.

"The Dragon Lady" no longer belongs on the bikepath except for limping home.

My mountain bike is a perfect fit for exercising on the path.

Motorized bikes are EXTREMELY rare here. The only other MB I've seen in four years is Hawaii Ed's.:geek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back