Do *not* buy from boygofast

MoonHog

Local time
10:01 PM
I just received a 50 cc engine kit from boygofast.

The carburetor they sent is some piece of sh*t, with some little tin air filter that rattles (like I need more rattling on the bike), instead of the black plastic air box they showed online. The casting for the engine was horrible, and some of the air vents were bent. The sprocket they sent wasn't the one pictured either. It was completely flat, black, and all scratched up on top of, and under the paint. The hardware was all thrown into a bag and incomplete, missing nuts for the sprocket.

I've bought 5 kits now from various vendors and have been happy with all of them. This is the first, and last I will buy from boygofast.

I sent them an e-mail:

"Hello, I received the engine kit in the mail a day or two ago, and finally got around to opening it. I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have bought several of these kits now, and this one is terrible. The rear sprocket you sent is not the standard sprocket I have received with *every* other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is completely flat, and scratched up (under the paint). This will cause the chain to be out further than it should be and misaligned. The carburetor you sent is *not* the one I have received with every other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is a piece of junk, with a cheap tin filter attached to it, instead of the black plastic cover. All of the small parts were thrown into a bag, and I'm missing the lock nuts for the rear sprocket that comes with *every* other kit. The casting on the engine is horrible, and some of the heat vents are bent. I'm not sure if you took all of the junk parts out of all of your other kits and sent it to me, but I sincerely hope this was an unusual occurance, and that you will make this right. I'm assuming that you get these, and just ship them out without looking in the box. I'm an active member on motoredbikes.com, and I really don't want to give a bad review if this was an accident.

Please let me know how I need to proceed.

Thanks.

This was their response:

"thank u email us.
some parts may not pefect. if u think u don't like the flat sprocket. please return to get the replacment.

reply if u has any question. thanks

by the way, we are not care people talk to us in (motored)bikes.com

we can not satisfy every one

thanks"

WTF!!!

Needless to say, I filed a dispute with Paypal, and they *will* be giving me my money back, and be getting this kit shipped back to them, where they can gently hammer it where the sun don't shine, and since they don't care about bad reviews...here is one. I'll post pictures soon so everyone can see their handiwork.

Last edited:
For every hundred kits they send out, I'd bet they send a few made up of returned parts or kits hanging around. You might have drawn the unlucky number.

Not making an excuse for that, I avoid the Chinese made kits all together.

Seems like BGF is fast getting a reputation for selling rubbish.
Silly that they don't care about MBc feedback cos they'll go the way of RevolutionCycles.....the faster the better unless they improve dramatically.

PS...just sent BGF an email expressing my(and others) concerns.

Last edited by a moderator:
those of us that have owned many a business
and taken college classes regarding business

know that -- it doesn't matter what kind of an off the wall e-mail we receive
we NEVER respond back to ANY customer such as was done be go-slow-boy
we DO NOT ever send a reply such as that !!!

for those of us that have been around a while -- we know that's not proper

so - no matter what is said or done regarding this matter -- as said before

if they can get their THING up and running -- go RIDE THAT THING

I will help you all out do yourself a favor and buy a CH80 form Chris Hill you get a outstanding kit and good customer service"

MoonHog, thanks for posting the details of your experience with BGF. I had considered doing business with them recently.

I don't expect 'gold plated' products from anybody, but if nearly everything in the kit is substandard, and they took a "in your face" attitude with you, then there's no way I'll do business with these losers.

You are not the first to raise the flag about BoyGoTurd.

E-bay feedback.

Kit was not as pictured. *Much* cheaper parts. Vendor doesn't care.

Reply by boygofast (Oct-30-08 15:44):
u better try to lean what is "polite"

If by polite, they mean bend over and take it, then I 'lean' more towards un-polite.

"Hey, you bought a honda, and we sold you a rickshaw..try to be more polite to us when you tell us we screwed you."

The last thing I'm going to do, is try to stick this thing on a bike, and 'hope' that the rest of the stuff (seals, gaskets, floats, bearings, etc) don't have the same quality issues as the stuff I can see in plain sight. Then I'll have the pleasure of taking it all apart again, so they can tell me they can't take back used parts.

If it was 'just' bent fins or bent studs as Arceeguy pointed out...no problem, but it is an *overall* quality, and completely different parts than pictured issue. Had I seen the 'actual' pictures of the carb (forget everything else)...I would have used my option to use another vendor. I didn't have that option, because they fraudulently posted a picture of something I wasn't actually buying.

I escalated the issue to PayPal claims. I'm not going to deal with some rambling idiot through e-mail. The fact is they sold me something that was not pictured, with no disclaimer about "Some parts may be different than pictured". They lose.

Last edited:
....."Hey, you bought a honda, and we sold you a rickshaw..try to be more polite to us when you tell us we screwed you."......

Problem is that you didn't buy a Honda. You bought a "rickshaw" and got one. These engines are assembled by several small factories in China. It is no secret here that engines vary from vendor to vendor, and things like bent fins and scratched parts are not uncommon due to inadequate packing and the long ride from China to your door. (UPS is notorious for slamming heavier packages around) If you've purchased several engines from different suppliers, I am surprised that you haven't run into a couple of bent cooling fins by now!

On the "plus" side, while cosmetics were always questionable, the internals have always been good. Nice chrome plated bores, roller bearing rods, etc. The painted engines like PKS "cover up" the roughness of the bare cast surface, but internally, they are the same quality. Might even come from the same foundry, just assembled in different factories.

As with all HT engines, loctite the studs, replace the head nuts, etc.

No, I bought what was pictured, and didn't get it. You can keep coming back and saying "Well you should just expect garbage because you only paid 100 bucks", and while that is obviously fine for you, I got parts in my box that were not "As Advertised", and that's not fine for me. In this case you are 100% *wrong*, because *I* am the customer, and *I* am not happy with what I got. If I was talking about something *you* bought,then *you* would be 100% right.

If you had made a statment like "I've dealt with BGF before, and I've had the opposite experience...", cool, that would fit this thread, but this wasn't a "Let's debate whether or not this guy is justified in being dissatified with what he got, or how he handled it", because I made that point clear in my first statement. I am *that* customer. Every company has one. The guy that expects to get what he was shown, and is upset when they play the old switcharoo. God forbid that actually happen, huh? I'm not going to go back to a car dealership that showed me the black Mustang with leather interior, but delivered a blue Mustang with cloth interior, and put on a happy face. "We're sorry sir, because we don't feel you were shiny enough with us, you have to keep the car." F-That! I don't care if they showed me a picture of a cup of coffee with a packet of sweet-n-low beside it. If I pay for it, and they hand me a packet of Equal, I'm going to ask for my packet of Sweet-N-Low because maybe that's the whole reason I buy their coffee, instead of their competitors. Maybe I just like the color pink. Maybe it makes me feel pretty. It doesn't matter, it was their marketing decision to use it to get me to buy their coffee, so they need to deliver.

I believe it was *you* who started a thread a while back trying to get the vendors that participate on this forum to drop their prices. Someone claimed that that would cause quality to suffer, and you said:

Originally Posted by spunout
driving the price down, most certainly will not drive the quality up.......

ARCEEGUY: "Not necessarily true. If volume increased, importers could put more pressure on manufacturers to step up quality control, otherwise the big engine orders will go to the manufacturer that will provide the quality AND price."

Now you are saying it should just be expected and I'm being unreasonable (anticipating a predictable response here), so I have to assume either you forgot what you said earlier, or you like to troll threads for no other reason than to argue about the mundane details of a statement. ;) <-- Putting a smiley after a sentence like this always makes it less agressive, and more passive agressive. :D <-- Please use this one. :D

Hey, whatever floats your boat, brother.

BTW: I like to edit my posts so a post that may be two sentences long, may be 100 by the end of the day.

Last edited:
Back