Do *not* buy from boygofast

MoonHog

Local time
9:07 AM
I just received a 50 cc engine kit from boygofast.

The carburetor they sent is some piece of sh*t, with some little tin air filter that rattles (like I need more rattling on the bike), instead of the black plastic air box they showed online. The casting for the engine was horrible, and some of the air vents were bent. The sprocket they sent wasn't the one pictured either. It was completely flat, black, and all scratched up on top of, and under the paint. The hardware was all thrown into a bag and incomplete, missing nuts for the sprocket.

I've bought 5 kits now from various vendors and have been happy with all of them. This is the first, and last I will buy from boygofast.

I sent them an e-mail:

"Hello, I received the engine kit in the mail a day or two ago, and finally got around to opening it. I have to say I am very dissapointed. I have bought several of these kits now, and this one is terrible. The rear sprocket you sent is not the standard sprocket I have received with *every* other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is completely flat, and scratched up (under the paint). This will cause the chain to be out further than it should be and misaligned. The carburetor you sent is *not* the one I have received with every other kit, and is not the one pictured online. It is a piece of junk, with a cheap tin filter attached to it, instead of the black plastic cover. All of the small parts were thrown into a bag, and I'm missing the lock nuts for the rear sprocket that comes with *every* other kit. The casting on the engine is horrible, and some of the heat vents are bent. I'm not sure if you took all of the junk parts out of all of your other kits and sent it to me, but I sincerely hope this was an unusual occurance, and that you will make this right. I'm assuming that you get these, and just ship them out without looking in the box. I'm an active member on motoredbikes.com, and I really don't want to give a bad review if this was an accident.

Please let me know how I need to proceed.

Thanks.

This was their response:

"thank u email us.
some parts may not pefect. if u think u don't like the flat sprocket. please return to get the replacment.

reply if u has any question. thanks

by the way, we are not care people talk to us in (motored)bikes.com

we can not satisfy every one

thanks"

WTF!!!

Needless to say, I filed a dispute with Paypal, and they *will* be giving me my money back, and be getting this kit shipped back to them, where they can gently hammer it where the sun don't shine, and since they don't care about bad reviews...here is one. I'll post pictures soon so everyone can see their handiwork.

Last edited:
Nobody can make every customer happy, heard that before? The actual issue is that nobody can make every customer mad! Some customers will have a good experience, statisticians call those occurrences "outliers", they are not the norm. When you see one happy face and fifteen frowns, good idea to pass on that vendor.

It appears the word is out. I'm gettng more and more e-mails from e-bayers telling me he (Rick Shi) is a con artist, and he has screwed them over as well.

I love the most recent rebuttle he put on an auction, where the guy said his kits weren't EPA certified.

NOT EPA CERTIFIED!!! FAKE!! Very POOR quality....just fell apart after 50 miles
Buyer: electronics_n_more ( 19) Nov-10-08 10:17

Reply by boygofast (Nov-10-08 11:20):
we sell all real EPA certified, if u still say this, we will sue u, seriously!!!

HA HA HA! I can just see a letter arriving from Rick Shi's lawyer.

To whom it may concern:

We r seriously suing u!

Regards,

The Law Firm of Hu Flung Poo and Associates.

Last edited:
Before I order from anyone on eBay, I check their feedback rating along with the total number of transactions. This is why I didn't hesitate to order from BGF or PKS, as both have thousands of transactions and a 98.6% positive feedback rating.

Yep. That 98.6% rating fooled me too. You'll *never* know how good a company is on e-bay, until they handle *your* problem.

GFB's nasty response -- was what got me

Yep. That 98.6% rating fooled me too. You'll *never* know how good a company is on e-bay, until they handle *your* problem.

I guess that their overall rating may be alright for many

but - I did read the nasty response GFB sent

I would never wish to deal with anyone such as that

not saying that they can't change

but - at this time they just don't seem to be willing

ride that THING

Before I order from anyone on eBay, I check their feedback rating along with the total number of transactions. This is why I didn't hesitate to order from BGF or PKS, as both have thousands of transactions and a 98.6% positive feedback rating.

I tried to give another seller (not BGF) a bad report. eBay would not LET me! The worst I could do was neutral, but did type in exactly what the guy did to me. One purchase was a trolling motor. UPS left it on the porch and water was running out of the box. The motor was filled with water. Never did get any satisfaction. Nothing but lies.

If eBay disallows a bad review, they will always show the seller in a good light. I doubt that trying to contact eBay would do any good. Also, there is no way to tell if that was an isolated case. If it isn't, then we are playing against loaded dice.

Last edited:
Just a thought, I wonder if some hacker has targeted BGF. No one with a company would send a replie like that, and still do biss. Don't matter to me either way. ebay is not on my list.

When I bought a kit from boygofast the 44T sprocket was advertised. i received a 50T.

I also had a leaky gas tank and the clutch lever broke. The odds of this being accidental approach astronomical. This indicates a pattern that certainly BGF and the factory are aware of.

BTW, I drilled out the clutch lever housing for a #10 bolt and used a nyloc nut.

On the tank, I put 2 layers of Saran wrap over the neck and put the cap on. This allowed me to blow into the supply hose with the tank in a sink full of water to spot the leaks. A heavy soldering iron and 50-50 solder sealed the pinhole in the brazing job the factory messed up.

Back