Do not make holes or drill holes to …

MotoMagz

Local time
6:43 AM

A BICYCLE FRAME . Way to many people taking chances drilling there frame to mount off of. Find a welder or a clamp on kit. It’s very dangerous drilling a frame. I’m sure some have been riding like this for a while with no problems.. that’s luck! Stay safe​

Members that have been building longer remember the kits coming with the bolt/mount that requires drilling through the frame, I did that on the first couple I built. I bought from one of the biggest suppliers, they sent me a video showing step by step how to drill the frame. I now make my own mounts using u-bolts and angle or flat stock depending on what I need. When the instructions with the kit tells a new builder to do something most people simply follow the instructions.

Members that have been building longer remember the kits coming with the bolt/mount that requires drilling through the frame, I did that on the first couple I built. I bought from one of the biggest suppliers, they sent me a video showing step by step how to drill the frame. I now make my own mounts using u-bolts and angle or flat stock depending on what I need. When the instructions with the kit tells a new builder to do something most people simply follow the instructions.
U-bolts work but muffler clamps work better, they come in every size and are heat treated for strength. The plain u-bolt can be stretched and stressed. The muffler clamp can be welded or bolted on, it doesn't matter which. I had to make a huge offset mount for the Auto-Mini and the muffle clamp fit the bill perfectly. Be careful tightening them down though, they'll crush your down tube.

Lol have you seen the youtube video, where a supposedly bike builder company/ or whatever he calls it. Shows a video of him drilling thru the main down tube to use a T-bolt engine mount. Yeah Buddy That's Safe!!!😂🤣👍

New's Flash - Handle bars isn't the frame. :LOL: Besides that little hole isn't gonna cause any problems
I just cut the little set tab off instead of drilling a hole in the handle bars
The set tabs on the grips I've gotten recently were able to be unscrewed.

Lol have you seen the youtube video, where a supposedly bike builder company/ or whatever he calls it. Shows a video of him drilling thru the main down tube to use a T-bolt engine mount. Yeah Buddy That's Safe!!!😂🤣👍
My instruction book has an image of something like that as what not to do.

Back