Do not motorize a huffy nel lusso

dougsr.874

Local time
2:58 PM
The frame on this bike is not fit to motorize....I have seen three of them that the frame has broken where the luggage rack is welded to the frame....perhaps the heat during welding is causing this.....and the tubing is so thin that it can't be repaired.........I have had good luck with other Huffy bikes however....

We need details, did you buy the bike? Try to mount the kit? Any pics?

I have heard of one failure of a motorized Nel Lusso frame, but that's it. It broke in the same spot, where the rear rack was welded on. Too bad, because I like the look of the welded-on cargo rack.

Of the three broken frames, I built one of them....the other two were built by indiviuals...the Nel Lusso I'm speaking of is the one with the brown frame that was available about 3 yrs. ago.....from Walmart.....the new black frame, white tire model I have not seen break so far....maybe Huffy improved them...No pics. available....

I'll let you know about the black frame one mounted with a HF 79cc engine after I finish it.

P0009449.jpg

worked on a huffy cruiser today & found that there is not enough room on the frame to put the CDI behind the carb where I like it : (

going to try to put it under the motor & hope I can keep it dry

The frame on this bike is not fit to motorize....I have seen three of them that the frame has broken where the luggage rack is welded to the frame....perhaps the heat during welding is causing this.....and the tubing is so thin that it can't be repaired.........I have had good luck with other Huffy bikes however....
I just got the nel lusso bike put my 80cc on 2 days later frame broke on both sides where he said where luggage rack is welded anyway I'm ordering the kmb gt with built in gas tank frame only which is 139.00 parts from the huffy handlebars, forks, peddles, crankshaft, all will fit on this frame all have same diameters

Heat affected zone of luggage rack tubing attachment weld failed on both sides. TIG welded tubing with ER70S2 filler.

Back