Do off grid motors exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need lithium ion, lead acid will do just fine for the off the grid stuff but the e bike will benefit greatly from lithium technology

The DIY cost is pretty reasonable. But the cost would be even better if there was an alternative to the expensive lithium-ion, which in my opinion is dangerous due to the strong emf field they give off and their propensity for exploding unexpectedly. Of course I suppose that last down-side, compared to the volume of them in circulation, is low. Still, I don't carry a cell phone around for those reasons and wouldn't like to be sitting on top of one for even short periods if I can avoid it.
Guess there's nothing that doesn't have a downside to it.
I hear that wrapping yourself in tin foil protects you from those dangerous emf fields.
Maybe you should just pedal a bike? Or walk?

The DIY cost is pretty reasonable. But the cost would be even better if there was an alternative to the expensive lithium-ion, which in my opinion is dangerous due to the strong emf field they give off and their propensity for exploding unexpectedly. Of course I suppose that last down-side, compared to the volume of them in circulation, is low. Still, I don't carry a cell phone around for those reasons and wouldn't like to be sitting on top of one for even short periods if I can avoid it.
Guess there's nothing that doesn't have a downside to it.
Strong EMF field from Li-Ion batteries? I really doubt the 4.2 volts a Li-ion battery has will radiate any measurable voltage over open air. The circuitry involved in making the pulse width modulation for throttling electric DC motors can cause a faint amount of EFI, but not aywhere near the elctromagnetic radiation even a small home 110 volt fan makes.

Generating home electricity using solar is cool if you have several thousand dollars to spend, realistically E-power isn't viable for the working poor. And a small 48cc China bike engine will get you farther for cheaper than a basic E-bay 250 watt E-bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back