Do people really use this wacky type of throttle?

I use one of these guys
4T-throttle__33319.1477519911.1280.1280.jpg

Make sure you get the right one, the cable ends are different for the 2 stroke and 4 stroke.

Yeah one does what I call "the claw" technique, where you kind of grip the huge lever housing with your first and middle fingers like a baseball or something, and hold down the actual lever with your palm. Terrible place to put any pressure on too, right there at the base of your palm, right where your literal carpal tunnel is....

I'm going to move it to the stem side of the handlebar for a more traditional approach while I look for a decent twist throttle. I see some really sweet aluminum ones on Amazon too actually, for amazingly low prices like $
Sick Bike Parts has a nice one with a roller guide and optional cable lengths.

Is what I do with one bike is put the brake lever below the clutch 8n order to get them close enough so your hand can work both is to place the brake in 2 or 3".
So now when you brake your pulling in the clutch too to keep from killing the motor.
The for take off you have about 3" of clutch lever to pull back on while by passing the brake lever, if you can make sense of it.
On my other bike I got a dual lever pull so put both brakes on the throttle side leaving the clutch lever free from obstruction.
But I think you pic is the one with kinky square box I d
order a stock clutch lever for under 10 bucks chuck that one in the trash.

Back