Do Tanaka engines have transmissions?

M

Mary

Interested in finding out. I guess I could always call Tanaka Tech Support on Monday. If anyone here knows for sure, please post.

Thanks a bunch,

Mary

No just a centrifugal clutch. But the engines turn up to 10,000 rpm, and will last at high RPM. Have fun, Dave

Thanks, Egor.

I didn't think they had a transmission but being a woman, what do I know about engines? :)

It's not an area I've ever been interested in.

Careful on this girl. Next thing you know you will have all kinds of motored thinggies all over the place. Neighbors will look at you a little odd, but small children and crazy people will be all over you. You get used to it. I thing it comes from that quirky smile on your face.

Thanks, Egor.

I didn't think they had a transmission but being a woman, what do I know about engines? :)

It's not an area I've ever been interested in.

Don't put yourself down Mary. I grew up with a tradesman father and brothers who were always under some old car fixing this and fixing that. I couldn't help not learning about engines. When I purchased my first car my Dad told me that if I wanted to drive a car I had to know how to fix it because he wasn't going to run after me all the time when it came to basic maintenance.
These days I own a lathe and a MIG welder among other things and I enjoy nothing better than getting stuck into some project in my garage workshop.

Remember, 'Girls can do anything.'

Don't put yourself down Mary. I grew up with a tradesman father and brothers who were always under some old car fixing this and fixing that. I couldn't help not learning about engines. When I purchased my first car my Dad told me that if I wanted to drive a car I had to know how to fix it because he wasn't going to run after me all the time when it came to basic maintenance.
These days I own a lathe and a MIG welder among other things and I enjoy nothing better than getting stuck into some project in my garage workshop.

Remember, 'Girls can do anything.'

I wasn't trying to do a self-put-down, that's why I inserted the smile icon and below that the statement that I am not interested in learning about engines.

I am an avid angler and been fishing since I was 4. I have a good amount of mechanical ability and the confidence that I can figure out how to do most anything. I am doing the install of my new GEBE kit myself. I also kayakfish and have been out in the Pacific as far as 1.5 miles, launching from the surfzone and back in.

I absolutely agree with you, Girls can do anything. Anything that interests them. I sometimes wish I had been brought up around a father or brothers that worked on engines. It's a very valuable skill to have given the quality of work by many auto mechanics.

A wee bit OT

Welcome to the forums Mary :D I hope all goes well with the install and you have fun doing it.
Instant respect for the kayak fishing btw. Ever since I almost drowned when I was very small I've had a distinct unease around bodies of water deeper than my knees and I stay right out of the ocean. Dry land and me get on juuuust fine ;)
It must be swings and roundabouts when it comes to learning skills because I can't knit for toffee and I'm painfully slow when it comes to sewing. I can cook though, - so I'm not a total feminine disaster area :D

Back