Do we want to "officially" organize?

Do we want to "officially" organize?

• Total voters
woohoo, looks like we just might have something happening here...

i'd sure like to see some ideas about how we start putting a club together, like, if you have the skills to help, please speak up.

then the reason for the organization......and a charter a 6 month news letter with a schedual of get togethers

name & logo, yes, reason, yes, how and who is still up in the air...let's keep burning this candle.

i know tom's a busy dude, but i think we should ask him for a "mission statement" that we could butcher and revise til everyone's happy, then we'll move from there.

later, i'll take the whole mess and organize it into diff topics and we'll do votes on names, logos, etc....that's what i can and will do, but i need the real brains to fire-up the rest... 8)

I'm halfway positive I voted last week......

In that screenplay, (an Apocolyptic comedy thingamabob I wrote) the motorized bikes were the "scouts" , the ones who foraged ham radios and new stores of tobacco.

Cookie said earlier we should be INVOLVED next hurricane season, and I'm still in favor of that, as our "Cause" or "charity". To do a two week "johnnies on the spot" rescue/recovery/assistance type effort. She has experience, make her the Colonel..."Col. Cookie"...

It would be EASY to coordinate, who ever arrives first gets the post onto the forum of where we meet up/camp out, and the rest of us just have to check on the forum and follow the map.

Anyway, I think that is a NOBLE cause, worthy of consideration.....

pc

i'll take the whole mess and organize it into diff topics and we'll do votes on names, logos, etc....that's what i can and will do, but i need the real brains to fire-up the rest...

Augie we are all 2 stroke biker gear heads where are we going ot find one live brain cell. :eek:

Cookie

Voting

How do I vote. I am for a club, or we could call it a gang. All gangs have to have a crime. Thats what a gang is all about criminal activity. Our crime could be littering. Our bikes are supposed to make too much polution. We could call ourselves the

Litter bugs.
The bug sprayers because of the smoke
How about the bug smogers.
Smoger bugs[/b]

It sure is refreshing to have our Colonel start right up with motorvation.

But I've just been thunking about the coincidence of tomorrow being the end of hurricane season, tommorrow the Canadian blast hits us. And don't you know it, perfect kidding weather last week, not one nanny cooperated, and here come the 20 degree nights....That's brain dead, the goat shepherd bizness.....

However, part of the purpose of the forum it to "promote the concept" and expand the ridership.

We are the pioneers of the next hula hoop.....

Wal Mart is big in hurricanes, my neighbor drives for them, the dist. center is about 20 miles from here. All the counties have church and community relief trailers standing by, pulled by pickemup trucks that could haul me, my bike, my Stihl chainsaw, 10 gallons of high octane gas, my tent, donated chains and oil (cuz I hate sharpening chains).

Likewise, your cars are worse than useless the first 10 days after a Big Storm, so folks could meet up, park here in Holly Pond, and I could find more pickups ready to haul us south or east.

That would be cool, a troop of twenty idiots on bikes, eating k rations, delivering medicines/ice, cutting narrow lanes through the downed trees so bikes could pass and check out the needs.

You could tell your boss, Hey, I need to take my bike on a rescue mission. Would you pay me if I get on television?

WE WILL BE ON TELEVISION. Heck, everytime we see a satellite van with a Ken and Barbie weatherperson, one of us will buzz the broadcast,

"Lady, we'll turn our engines off when you do a report, interview Col. Cookie and Major Tom".

If it ain't fun, I ain't there.

Meantime, the Pacific crowd thinks "earthquakes"....

It has to be something where OUR reaction time and flexibility outshines the others, or coordinates with storm veterans who will utilize us best.

And not piss us off..... ;)

David,

You want crime? I started a rumor a couple of weeks ago, waiting for it to echo back.

Somebody in dKos was wondering how to pay the debt to China, and I said "design a plastic manhole cover, sell the metal to them as scrap".

It set off a little riff, and I told the forum that the meth heads have figured out there is more money, less work in stealing manhole covers than copper in heat pumps and electrical wires (think 12 electrocutions in 3 months.) Now they are taking down phone lines on rural roads.......less shock value.

Well, then I had to put the part in of "pickups with multi-chains on the bumpers, clearing streets in one fell swoop, 10 manhole covers vanished".

"Manhole covers, pitched over bridges like a squirrel stores acorns." :(

"Repeat raids, when they come back with stolen city snow plow, start ripping out storm grates." :eek:

"$1.20 a pound, compared to 2.20 for copper." :?

Well, you heard it here first....
So, we PREVENT CRIME. If anybody in authority asks "What are you doing?"
"Colonel Cookie told me to watch the manholes....I dunno why, I just follow orders...." 8)

Back