Do we want to "officially" organize?

Do we want to "officially" organize?

• Total voters
i dont know if we could be a gang because when you start a motorcycle gang you have to have it reconized by the hells angels which i dont know how you do that.

Bama You had me laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair ......I like the Beatles name you gave tom :) LOL

For some reason I could visualize all these crazy bikes down here with chain saws and carts pulling food and water (but in NO you would need an armed guard so you wear a side arm also a shot gun scabbard mounted on the bike 's fork ......

Modean F troop on bikes

Cookie

PS we have enough room to put up a desant camp :)

They start shooting, we turn our gas canisters into "molitov cocktails".

"New Orleans, made it through the hurricane, could not survive the firestorm caused by MadMax storm troopers on two wheels".....

Seriously, we would avoid the metro areas, there were plenty of other towns in Katrina that FEMA neglected.
And we are only there for "first response duty", adopting a few stretches of highways, or maybe get ourselves deputized by some small town. If we did a few miracles, saved a few elderly or trapped, our whole forum would have a share in the glorystory.
People in Boston, Australia and Canada comment to our forum members "I saw a bike like yours on the telly", and they can boast "yeah, I know those crazy idiots"...

If a few of the major bulls**tters in the forum are "on the scene", our numbers will have magically swelled, rumors become rampant.

There may only be five or ten of us at the first storm, but somehow those bikes keep showing up on TV. We can't do blizzards, and most hurricanes disappear from the television within 10 days.
Once we rescue a few grandmas from the rooftops, cut a few limbs, and the insurance folks roll in while the TV crews pull out, we vanish back into the our normal dull existences.

Major Tom and Deputy Dawg would be on the west coast, finding us some ham radio operator to let us camp in his yard. We send those guys our videos and pix, they saturate the media, "it seems like these crazy bikes are EVERYwhere."

I'm simply saying "name the group, get the logo", and let's just try a category 2-3 type calamity as our first "function". A few walkie talkies, a couple of gallons of gas, Colonel Cookie with a clipboard........we have an adventure in 2007 and the mythology begins.

! Be upfront: We magically appear at hurricanes, to do good work and good deeds. Serious stuff-the first seven days. !

:unsure: And the ulterior motive is to promote "bikes with engines", which is the FUN part, the final three days before we vanish. :unsure:

Visualize this: By day seven of a storm, the "feel good stories" start hitting the airwaves. Well, we strike while the iron is hot, everytime we see a television crew we bungie cord small dogs to our bikes, parade by Anderson Cooper's CNN van...... :eek:

:LOL: Nothing like television footage of 10 bikes carrying around cute canines, the story writes itself. ;)
If we are stuck in Louisiana anyway, and a medium alligator is handy, and we have duct tape and a skateboard, we just put it all together and send one of our younger members past the FOX-NEWS truck.

"What are you doing towing that alligator??"

"I dunno, Col. Cookie pulled me off manhole watching, told me to get all the gators away from our headquarters."

And our international forum is pointing at the television, "yeah, I know those idiots."

And so, not claiming the monopoly on brain cells, BUT if somehow a name/logo/purpose is put on the back of a small card, signed by Major Tom and Col Cookie, it would be USEFUL next hurricane season.

You show the card to your Vancouver or Sydney Australia co-workers, and gather a few donated items that the "on the scene" folks can disperse.

We have brightly colored club shirts/hats. So we look "official" during our vanishing act, chihuahuas and pekinese yelping from our baskets.

The laminated card becomes a license to loot. ;)

:censored: Deputy Fife "What the heck are you doing stealing all these skateboards?" :censored:

:oops: "Col. Cookie told me if one more alligator eats our small dogs before we get on ABC "Nightline", I gotta go back to manhole duty. I dunno, I'm just moving gators a few miles down the road, officer." :cry:

Bama bike guy

Where are you getting all of your material from? I have never heared anyone talk like that before. What kind of job do you have? It's funny, but that huricane thing really might work.

The funny thing of it is Sutan my other half works in chalmett (just out side of N.O. and they had to pull gators out of bath tubs and swinning pools (5 ' gator in a tub with a bad attitude lol)

Cookie

Hurricane effort

Need to bungy cord a wiener dog on the back rack of a bicycle ya know like those long racks on the back of bicycles.

bamabikeguy said:
And so, not claiming the monopoly on brain cells, BUT if somehow a name/logo/purpose is put on the back of a small card, signed by Major Tom and Col Cookie, it would be USEFUL next hurricane season.

You show the card to your Vancouver or Sydney Australia co-workers, and gather a few donated items that the "on the scene" folks can disperse.

We have brightly colored club shirts/hats. So we look "official" during our vanishing act, chihuahuas and pekinese yelping from our baskets.

The laminated card becomes a license to loot. ;)

:censored: Deputy Fife "What the heck are you doing stealing all these skateboards?" :censored:

:oops: "Col. Cookie told me if one more alligator eats our small dogs before we get on ABC "Nightline", I gotta go back to manhole duty. I dunno, I'm just moving gators a few miles down the road, officer." :cry:

Yuo are crazy funny bro...

Back on topic !!!!

What do u guys want as a logo ......

what is the group's name going to be is it going to be the same as the web page or can we come up with something catchy

what is the misson statement other than to have fun and help each other put motors on bikes

Cookie

well, this is my member opinion: i think we should have a contest for our graphics, maybe a new version of the pedal & wings idea.

also, as a member, i'd like to see 'motor-bicycles.org' as a possible name...it basically includes any bicycle with a motor/engine on it. a neat logo & the name would make for some groovy 'colors.'

our mission statement should pro-actively include the entire industry, maybe we should ask tom to draft one?

Back