Do we want to "officially" organize?

• Total voters
We are MBc.

I can't see a new name happening.
We are MBc.
we're not going underground.
we are going mainstream.
We are MBc.

buzzards aint cool......they eat roadkill & assorted dead thangs. cooking?....seasoning?...bbq sauce...? nope :LOL:

We are MBc. (period)

12 hours and 14 minutes ! ...thats how long jeffsojuspeederdave (i know its not him) had to change his mind and delete the 'buzzard' post, before it was too late and a reply was posted.
"Dont bite the hand that feeds you..." all anyone's saying is follow instructions and learn from an occasional spanking. we all get them now and then :/ .
BUT- to disrespect the very people who try so hard to help...tsk-tsk.

at this point I think a thread or forum for meeting up may be of benefit. (please point me towards it if I missed it). I would love to meet up with someone else that has a motored bike in the boston area, but I think I'm the only one...

sideshowsideswipe said:
at this point I think a thread or forum for meeting up may be of benefit. (please point me towards it if I missed it). I would love to meet up with someone else that has a motored bike in the boston area, but I think I'm the only one...
you can search members by their location :D
but it will only work if they said where they are :LOL:

sideshow...the "Let's Ride" forum is designed for that. some areas are having better luck than others, but it will all heat up someday.

put your inquiry in by starting a "boston riders" topic, maybe it'll entice a visitor in the area to register and motorize 8)

Saddle up, MB.com - Storm comin' up

Here's our chance !! Grab your chainsaws, head to Myron's House !!!

Hurricane Flossie looks like the real thing, lets save Honolulu !

HONOLULU - Hurricane Flossie strengthened to a Category 3 storm early Saturday as it headed toward waters south of Hawaii, but forecasters did not expect it to hit the state with much more than rough surf.

At 5 a.m. EDT on Saturday, Flossie had strengthened from a Category 1 storm to a Category 3, with maximum sustained winds near 115 mph, and was about 1,150 miles from Hawaii.

The storm was expected to weaken as it passed over cooler waters. It was traveling west at about 12 mph.

The Big Island's southeastern shores could see waves of 8 to 12 feet, forecasters said, with the surf rising during the day Monday and peaking Tuesday. The island's South Point is the southernmost area of the United States.

Flossie formed as a tropical storm Wednesday about halfway between Mexico's southern Pacific coast and Hawaii. Its winds surpassed 74 mph, making it a hurricane, on Friday.

The last time a hurricane hit Hawaii was in 1992, when Iniki ravaged Kauai, killing six people and causing $2.5 billion in damage.

Hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov. 30. In May, forecasters predicted that Hawaii and the rest of the central Pacific face a slightly below-average hurricane season, with just two or three tropical cyclones expected because of lower sea surface temperatures.

The islands get an average of 4.5 tropical cyclones a year and one hurricane about every 15 years. Last year, the central Pacific had five tropical cyclones after the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration predicted two to three.

On July 21, a tropical depression moved past the Big Island, bringing a few inches of rain to the parched island but no major problems. Cosme, the year's first Pacific tropical cyclone, reached hurricane status for a day before it weakened.

I think this discussion is way off base as far as to what i think MBc is all about.I also don't think MBc's forum is the place to have a discussion about a '' OFFICIAL " club/gang.It's almost as bad as advertising private chat rooms and having a thead on a moratorium on new members making posts.Maybe i don't know what MBc is about?Why can't MBc have officially organized rallys,events,logo,ect.?This is my own personal opinion.

huh, i'm not sure what your final opinion is...

we "make" people introduce themselves because we have the right to know who just walked into the clubhouse. from the private messaging i get from newbies, i've learned it instills a sense of belonging & responsibility in the new member, plus it protects the established members who've done their part to make MBc what it is.

the "welcome" PM may look tough at first glance, but it's chock full of good advice for the newbie. we're tough on forum-newbies (not to be confused with mechanical-newbness) because we have the obligation to keep MBc relevant and constantly "percolating"...the moratorium is on using MBc as your testing grounds...so, if you wanna rub elbows with this crowd, you have to learn a bit about forum-usage. we have the right to impose that condition, & it works. 40K+ posts with very little flotsam...i'm quite proud of that, as you all should be :)

until we can afford to imbed our own chat (don't hold yer breath) we do our best with free versions of chat. anything that uses the "MBc" label is closely monitored.

we DO have organized events...because this is a discussion board about a real-life activity, it makes sense that we'd try to demonstrate how it all fits in. which brings us back to my first point: just try to force your way inside a real-life clubhouse without checking in first.

anyway...i tried to answer your concerns, but as i said i'm not sure exactly where you stand.

Back