Do we want to "officially" organize?

Do we want to "officially" organize?

• Total voters
I think MBc is about MBc! This is what this thread is about,,,"Do we want to officially organize".
But what better place to discuss becoming an "official" club? Maybe by having our discussion public instead of keeping it private more like minded folks will join, and join in. Would that be a bad thing? I think not.

Now about the "private chat", the chat room that is currently being used is a public accessible forum for chat! All you have to do to join in on the chatzy chat forum is ,,,, click the link that is placed in the announcement! No downloading of anything or signing up,,, nothing, zip, nada.
The new "Pal talk" is a slightly different story as it's NOT YET an official MBc extension, Yes there you will have to download software and create an account to use it.

What's so bad about joining and being a Member?
When you found this MBc forum did you first "lurk" and see if there was anything here that you liked and information that you could use? Most of us did! Then we made our decision to join so as to ask for help or add information to help others. (being able to show off our rides in the picture gallery is a plus too, a "MEMBERS" only thing).

If an "official" ride is planned somewhere and it's posted here or not, by all means motoredbike riders are welcome to participate, members or not. Its kinda like an open house, come look and see if you would like to join. Sooner or later, (if you were to attend one of these rides), You would approach a member and introduce yourself, and get to know the other peeps too. Kinda like our "new members" rule of an introduction.

Now to your last question,
Why can't MBc have officially organized rallys,events,logo,ect.?

As a member of MBc you too have a say if we organize, hold official rallies, events, and we do have a Logo. (ask Tom for some stickers and be sure to have him include a logo sticker)
By being a member you can have your opinion! (You can't vote if you don't signup!)

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
My only question is, to form an "official" community / club, would involve some exclusivity. If not then why do it. If it does involve exclusivity, how does that mesh with Tom's mission statement?

Tom's statement about the MBc-Forums is spot-on...this place has been a huge help to countless riders/builders, many more than have actually registered...that part's my doing, by maintaining high standards of forum-conduct, i do tend to scare some off. oh well, the benefits of a clean board are worth it, imo.

even our lurkers can use the "guest forum" & the "contact us" form, buy & sport MBc t-shirts, and get free MBc-stickers...

as far as a real-life organization, all you have to do to "qualify" is be motivated to being a part of this socially-/economically-/politically-/environmentally-significant global movement, and use good manners & riding habits when "representing"...if that ain't yer cuppa tea, then i guess we would have to "exclude" you from "official" MBc-activities. that's about it for membership requirements, not too bad i think.

If it does involve exclusivity, how does that mesh with Tom's mission statement?"

MBc, IS a community of MB enthusiasts, MBc, IS a means to communicate and convey ideas, thoughts and opinions,,, (extracted from Tom's Mission Statement)

The possible misconception here is, "Exclusivity".

IF,, you don't "JOIN" you can not post on the forum, is that exclusivity? Or is it joining the community? Maybe by just joining you become exclusive? But MBc is open to all who want to be here, and to all who want to just lurk. By joining to post, the site Admin can hold each of us accountable for what we post in this community. By taking care of our community we can be proud of what we have, is that maybe exclusive? (As in pride of ownership)?

you ask, "then why do it?"

"I belong,," quite possibly one of the greatest statements of commitment.

Papa

Last edited by a moderator:
That works for those that are MB owners or have already decided to become owners. What I'm speaking about is more toward the persons seeing this for the first time and drawing them into the aforementioned categories. MBc remaining unchanged with an outside organization might work well, so long as the "club" didn't begin to infringe on the public forum.

Just a thought.

so long as the "club" didn't begin to infringe on the public forum.
don't you worry none about that..."The Garage" is basically what the original MBc was, but properly expanded to be much more INclusive...don't anyone even think about messing things up in there...

personally, i've had no problem keeping my real-life adventures and my online activities finely meshed...to me, they go hand-in-hand. my duties to the forum's integrity as an effective MB-Manual is job-one for me, tho, you can all count on that :cool:

Back