Do You Enjoy Watching Ride Videos?

With a helmet cam you aren't limited to the top of the helmet. You can do a side mount. This then puts the cam more in line with the eyes. Then to reconnect the viewers back to the bike all one has to do is look at the instrument displays, shifters mirrors, controls etc.

Yeah, it's always nice for the rider to look around so everyone can see the scenery, besides of whats just dead head in front of the bike

Being able to show speed, rpm, shifting etc really let's the viewer experience what you seeing and doing.
I'm too afraid my GoPro will fall off any helmet attachment. The attachments that came with my GoPro kit require putting a sticky-backed clip on the helmet. I'm not really interested in doing that, but, I'm going to look into it further. I'm starting a new series of ride videos with a series name like I did with my build series ("Mongoose To Motorized") and will be looking to increase my video techniques as the series progresses. I've finished recording for the first episode so it should be posted in by the weekend.

The worse thing to do is point the cam at the motor/ground to get the sound of it.
That doesn't help one bit.
I think you're right. I've done that many times and now that I think about it, I don't think it's ever given a better sound then when the camera is straight ahead.

41AENl6tK8L.jpg

The upside to this over the chest mount is that I could zip up more of my jacket. In fact, I usually unzip or unbutton completely when filming with the chest mount because if I don't I get bits of jacket barging into the scene. Downside of this I would imagine is that it swings when you lean forward or moves more on bumpy terrain.

I've thought of using a shoestring or elastic cord tied around my chest and cam to keep it steady. I 3d printed the white mount as I didn't care for the oem options.
An O ring keeps the camera from falling out from bumps.

Attachments

• 20211118_145521.jpg
    20211118_145521.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 93
I'm too afraid my GoPro will fall off any helmet attachment. The attachments that came with my GoPro kit require putting a sticky-backed clip on the helmet. I'm not really interested in doing that, but, I'm going to look into it further. I'm starting a new series of ride videos with a series name like I did with my build series ("Mongoose To Motorized") and will be looking to increase my video techniques as the series progresses. I've finished recording for the first episode so it should be posted in by the weekend.
Go-Pro has really advanced. There's much better attaching devices other than the sticky ones now for helmets and even bicycle helmets.

Back