do you have gas in your line

MasterLink

Local time
6:58 AM
well when i put this 4 stroke together i was amazed at the amount of gas that was in this gas line was always about 1/4 inch. and i never seen any gas go into the fuel filter, and some times there would be none after the the filter my motor was running bad boging at take off .. i thought for sure it was a carb issue at first so i took that off cleaned and took a drumel to the air/fuel set screw was only seting for 1and 5 o'clock put all back together and same thing then ..i thought about the valves setting i didnt think i had enough hours on the motor for that less then 100 hrs then i had a look at the gas issue in my fuel lines and why i had my tank drained i would redo my tanks paint the petcock screen had some debris not enough to slow the gas down i had a stream of gas ...iam thinking these motors need gas well i drilled the petcock out to try to make the opening bigger only thing that did was make it leak at that nut so i went to ace and got a fuel bur 1/8 x1/4 i think that was the size big difference i have FUEL in my lines and a great running motor

That's pretty cool. So simple.
Then with the 4 strokes,you really don't need the shut off valve anyway.
So it just screwed right on?

Actually, You might find out you do need that petcock, I still have the petcock on mine but because the inside of the tank rusted (water in bad gas) it clogged the little screen filter in the petcock, so I removed it. but that caused a problem, whenever the petcock is open there is a steady dripping out of the fuel overflow. Enough to cause a 12" puddle under the bike after sitting for a few hours with the petcock open. It also would flood out the carb when trying to start. I must have lost a pint of gas from this alone. My bad but I thought it didn't need to screen, which apparently restricts flow just slightly enough to keep it from flooding the carb.

Actually, You might find out you do need that petcock, I still have the petcock on mine but because the inside of the tank rusted (water in bad gas) it clogged the little screen filter in the petcock, so I removed it. but that caused a problem, whenever the petcock is open there is a steady dripping out of the fuel overflow. Enough to cause a 12" puddle under the bike after sitting for a few hours with the petcock open. It also would flood out the carb when trying to start. I must have lost a pint of gas from this alone. My bad but I thought it didn't need to screen, which apparently restricts flow just slightly enough to keep it from flooding the carb.

um no its fine and as you can see very dry there is a fuel shut off on my motor if i need to ever use it ... sounds like you float bowl is stuck..or its leaking at the carb burb i put a small clamp there .... i am also runing a real fuel filter after the tank i think thos setups are more for the 2 strokes then the 4 and i want all the gas i can get to the carb wow its so much better i didnt shut off the the gas its fine all night starts 1/2 pull iam very pleased with the results

ps gravity feed with no gravity
if you think about the call on gas its 1/4 at the carb the outlet at the tank is much smaller the outlet needs to be 1/4 at the tank also ,,, so thats why i changed it after all i freaked out when i didnt see gas in that line with the old setup now i have full line and

That's pretty cool. So simple.
Then with the 4 strokes,you really don't need the shut off valve anyway.
So it just screwed right on?

yes screwed right on it was fine i used tefleon tape and its pipe thread iam going to hide that line now make with that corrugated tubing to go over it i think

Back