Does anybody make a pusher for resale?

There is a company selling these for resale.
http://dragnfly.org/
Not sure if they are still in business but you could call them...

dragnfly.org said:
California Department of Motor Vehicles describes this as a Motorized Bicycle (MOPED). You send in the Motorized Bicycle Form and $6 to Sacramento and in about 2 weeks you receive your lifetime plates and registration. You must be 16 years old and wear a helmet to ride on the street. So lets get some exercise and Commute for Pennies.
I don't think that the CA DMV license plate fee has ever been $6.
The fee is $19 now.

They also don't mention that you need a drivers license with
an M2 or M1 to ride a motorized bicycle and whether a pusher
would qualify is an interesting question.

I'm sorry. Pushers drive an already inherently risky sport into the (for me) unacceptable level of risk category.

By the way, I'm an adrenaline junkie.

Look at the mechanics and the physics of the pusher power source. An essentially unregulated flexible joint between the power source and the control mechanisms of the vehicle, and think about what can happen if, say, the throttle cable gets pinched at WOT and the pusher runs away from you. Or you are cornering, hit a bump/pothole and twist the throttle inadvertently, and the pusher shoves your bike sideways out from under you.

Not too mention the countless other accidents that bikes are prone to, virtually all of which are made worse when you add a heavy trailer shoving your hide across the pavement as you struggle to stop.

Look at the design of articulated vehicles where the power source is behind the operators controls - they are virtually all hydraulically or mechanically (or both) damped and limited in the degree of flex to a very limited range. There are excellent reasons for that fact.

My thoughts exactly, having this thing push me, makes me wonder what I will be pushed into.

It looks as if you'd take a powered scooter, cut off the front make the connecting arm. Simple. But not for me.

Back