Does anyone have personal experience with Wildfire Bicycles?

that wildfire you posted link to was a 2009.
that seller was wildfire direct in ohio.ny dealer
told me that they claim 49cc for legal reason.
actual 80cc,thats what he told me. now as for
the metrorider.. all my cousin said was its too heavy,
didn't climb well,it wanted to spit-sputter alot.he took
a ride on his buddy's wildfire, & they traded even.
guess his friend liked the metro better.$400.00 would be
good deal on the wildfire.you forsure won't ride the metro like a regular bicyle.
i will say that the dealer here wants $859.00 for the
new wildfire.of coarse he priced to me for $500.00 .
let us know how your metro pans out. h.o.

Last edited:
Was His a 2007 or 2008 MR model?

They made a few changes on the 08 model which i ordered, but im not sure about all.

I think mopeds in general spit and sputter some, at least it didn't break down quickly, which is what i was worried about.

I wrote asking the wildfire people on ebay, and they said those were in fact 2008 wildfires, they didn't have any 09's in stock, so im not sure what you connection was talking about.

No i wont ride it like a regular bike, as thats just meant for emergency's on mopeds, but then again i wouldn't have done it that much on a MB either lol.

I'll for sure let you know how it works out, and since a mb seems like a rather cheap project if you do it to a used bike, i still might try it anyway

Was His a 2007 or 2008 MR model?

They made a few changes on the 08 model which i ordered, but im not sure about all.

I think mopeds in general spit and sputter some, at least it didn't break down quickly, which is what i was worried about.

I wrote asking the wildfire people on ebay, and they said those were in fact 2008 wildfires, they didn't have any 09's in stock, so im not sure what you connection was talking about.

No i wont ride it like a regular bike, as thats just meant for emergency's on mopeds, but then again i wouldn't have done it that much on a MB either lol.

I'll for sure let you know how it works out, and since a mb seems like a rather cheap project if you do it to a used bike, i still might try it anyway

i called him to see for sure about his mr was an 07.
the wf he traded for is an 08 . he said the biggest
reason he traded was that the wildfire was cooler.
a moped is like a fat chic,their fun to ride till your friends catch you on one. my dealer had 09 wildfires
in stock.well, he had two last week.they sell like crazy.quick as he gets them their gone.people all over ohio are riding the wildfire mb.it is actualy considered a moped by law here,& needs to be tagged as such.mine appears to be a huffy.(according to the badge i put on it),all wf markings are gone.
let us know how your new ride does.later,h.o.

Thats Funny Dude

My friends have always known that I love fat chicks, I Married one

I really dont care what anyone thinks, as long as its reliable, & does what i got it for. (I mean the moped, lol)
Just as long as its not pink, purple, or yellow I'm good !

Good that there really wasn't any major ordeals with the MR, sounds like he just didn't like it just because it wasn't for him.

I wont probably see it till Friday next week or perhaps Monday of the following week as its coming freight from NJ,

But will post as soon as i try it out what i think.

Ok,

I canceled my order on the MR, More paranoia about the unknown than anything else.

So back to the drawing board, not sure what i'll do now.

What happened

John-Forrest, other than things coming loose or whatever, what do you think to overall quality of the bike is, like frame, wheels, brakes and so on and so forth ? That is definitely a good looking bike. At $400.00 if it's a good bike I'd say it's worth the price. I bought a new Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser at Walmart a few weeks ago. I told them I wanted one in the box, would absolutely not buy one from display because I knew I'd have to take the whole thing apart and put it back together. I think buying a department store bike, reassemly is a given. You've got my intrest up on this bike. If the pros vs. cons kind of cancel each other out, I might be willing to pay the price for the initial bike and do improvements. Thanks for a reply !

On the internet picture, it certainly looks pretty and that's why so many people are drawn to it when I go riding around. I will say the frame is more solid and heavier. The lights are ok but I didn't like the way the roller made resistance, so I wound up taking them off. You do have to assemble some of it - but I did that at a motorcycle shop. The front disc brake is good, too bad they don't have it on rear. Rear sprocket comes loose. I had to replace tires, front one blew out first week I got it.

If you like the frame, you might just get that and put everything else on top of it - I wound up replacing just about everything except the frame.

Frankly I think you'd do better getting a good bike frame and build your own. It would be lighter. Also, when you assemble you know the bike inside and out, so you'd be ready to fix it if something goes wrong.

Don't get a dept store bike - they ****!

The lights are ok but I didn't like the way the roller made resistance, so I wound up taking them off.
What is the roller you're refering to ? And as far as department store bikes ****ing, one of my local bike shops told me there are very, very few bicycles that are not made in China. So does it reeally matter ? I kow some of the Schwinns from Walmart and Kmrat have aluminum frames and some have steel frames. I prefer steel frames myself. As far as weight, wouldn't a heavy bike make for a bteeter ride with a motor on it. I've read a lot about vibration from these motors. My friction drive kit vibrates while idleing, but it's smooth when reved up and while I'm riding it ! Thanks for the reply. To bad your bike gets bad ratings. It's looks to good to be bad !

Wildfire, Corpus Christi, Texas

I have been noticing the motorized bicycles in my town and there is one mechanic in town that sells wildfire products. He has the exact same bicycle in the link posted earlier

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370187000808#

He is asking $550 out the door, and it is already assembled. I could even ride it home. He says that he has all the replacement parts and that he will repair it if I need him to.

I am happy that I found this thread so that I can be sure to know what I might be getting myself into.

I am a little hesitant because I am still hoping that I might find a way to get a high quality bicycle for a small amount of money.

-Walter

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back