Does anyone know if this balanced crank is good

Look what found today .been practicing drilling Holes in the crank I had f***ed, trying with a battery power drill on one of those sears drill press stands .yeah this is way easier, loving the cobalt drill bit that I found at home Depot too.
IMG20221003000906.jpg

Look what found today .been practicing drilling Holes in the crank I had f***ed, trying with a battery power drill on one of those sears drill press stands .yeah this is way easier, loving the cobalt drill bit that I found at home Depot too.View attachment 180969
What do y'all use as coolant /lubricant for drilling I've been using wd40 but I'm sure there's gotta be something better maybe I should get YouTube certified in drilling I'm just going on instincts rn

What do y'all use as coolant /lubricant for drilling I've been using wd40 but I'm sure there's gotta be something better maybe I should get YouTube certified in drilling I'm just going on instincts rn
Dawn dish soap & water mixed in a spray bottle works great & its alot cheaper than oil. Does just as good a job as your oils.

Look what found today .been practicing drilling Holes in the crank I had f***ed, trying with a battery power drill on one of those sears drill press stands .yeah this is way easier, loving the cobalt drill bit that I found at home Depot too.View attachment 180969
I guess it's OK to drill a garbage crank that way. If it was a real case of balancing, you would want to put something between the halves.

I guess it's OK to drill a garbage crank that way. If it was a real case of balancing, you would want to put something between the halves.
The side force from the bit will push the lobes toward each other. A block between the lobes while drilling helps prevent this.
When the drilling is done you have to make sure the spacing between the crank lobes is the same all the way around.
If you do not do this the shafts will wobble.....killing the seals....and causing lots of bad vibes.
A dial indicator in various places on the crank will show the out of true conditions.

A search will point you to balancing and truing. A lot of sharp members posted plenty on this topic.

Back