Does anyone know of cheap performance upgrades

Capalaba Motorised

Local time
5:19 PM
I have a quick question for the motorised bike community. What is some good performance upgrades for about $55 USD ($70 AUD) that will improve performance. The engine I have is basically a stock BT100 engine with the stock NT carb with a 44T sprocket. The engine is still stock except for some clutch pads which are “better performance“. I am 100 pounds (45 Kilograms) if that’s any help to any one. Cheers from Capalaba motorised

An expansion chamber is the single biggest improvement you can do for a 2 stroke engine.

Just choose wisely, there is a lot of junk out there that doesn't work properly. Adapting the pipe from a Motocross motorcycle will get you the biggest improvement...if done correctly.

I have a quick question for the motorised bike community. What is some good performance upgrades for about $55 USD ($70 AUD) that will improve performance. The engine I have is basically a stock BT100 engine with the stock NT carb with a 44T sprocket. The engine is still stock except for some clutch pads which are “better performance“. I am 100 pounds (45 Kilograms) if that’s any help to any one. Cheers from Capalaba motorised
So are you looking for more speed, or more power, or both? AT $55, you won't get much, unless you know what you're doing. Port, new sprocket, rejet, then ride. Idk if you are capable of doing that for $55. I could, but I have lots of tools.

The words “cheap and upgrade “ rarely go together. One thing I will state is don’t waste your money on a boost bottle!
They work if you build them right. As far as purchasing, you're right. Save the cash for a better carb or reed valve. All the boost bottle does is smooth out the transition point, so it's not flat. They do work when tuned to the engine.

I was referring to the universal boost bottle from Amazon or eBay, some look like a co2 cylinder and some are close to the right size. It’s hard to tell from pictures what size the bottle is.
Tube size, composition, bottle size, composition, length of tube and bottle, etc, all play a role. Any of the purchased ones are just garbage and a sales gimmick, out of the package. To start, most use a tiny rubber silicon tube, worthless. Not only is the tube to small, but it absorbs all the waves you are trying to control and reflect back. I could go on, but I'm going to go eat lunch instead. Lol

Back