Does anyone make..? (MC like larger tank)

markjs

Local time
9:26 PM
A 4 liter enlarged gas tank that includes a petcock with a "reserve" setting? I'm considering upgrading cuz I tend to forget gassing up, and dread doing it as often. I'm also just apt to forget entirely, and a reserve setting would solve the issue.

If not, is there any motorcycle petcock that perhaps would fit one of these tanks that would work without too much or too little reserve? (Almost all MC and scooter tanks I know of are more than 1 gallon, so IDK if the geometry would work but...?)

Not huge deal, just annoying, I ran myself outta gas recently, had to pedal home to refill...

Now that has happened, you've probably learned. Just incase here you go, good size and the features you want plus a lock.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My memory sometimes fails me being in my 60's; so I have a tank like this.

1000002181.jpg

Now that has happened, you've probably learned. Just incase here you go, good size and the features you want plus a lock.

Ooh, red, is a nice color for a tank!

I didn't see any mention of a reserve setting though?

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I would just put a reserve tank on. I don't think anyone makes a reserve petcock for one of these tanks.

on amazon ive seen three way petcocks that you could plumb into your regular gas line. keep the reserve tank somewhere else on the frame. something like this amazon petcock. I know that this next bit isnt a direct solution to your issue, but I keep a 1l bottle of premix in my bag for those times where i forget to check my gas before leaving for work.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Not huge deal, just annoying, I ran myself outta gas recently, had to pedal home to refill...

1 gal isn't much gas, It's better to be 1/2 full than 1/2 empty :LOL:

IMO just fill up before every ride and if your wondering how much gas ya got just take off the gas cap to look at how much gas is in
the tank

Since your so LAZY and FORGET stuff reserve isn't gonna help you ,
You'll forget to turn the lever from reserve to on and run outta gas anyways :ROFLMAO:

Ooh, red, is a nice color for a tank!

I didn't see any mention of a reserve setting though?
If you look at the petcock, you can see it has 3 positions, up is on, down is reserve, and across is off. You can also tell be the little filter on the pet, it has a dual position tube. When the pet is switched to reserve the fuel flows through the lower part.
1714354151863.png

I see some run tanks like this. It holds right at a gallon of fuel. This one is for a Honda crf50.
Search pitbike tank to find em.

Attachments

• IMG_6337.jpg
    IMG_6337.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 15
Back