Does anyone sell Triple Tree Forks with suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dparenti13

Local time
11:45 AM
I'm looking for something like this,
1548700988467.png
(here) but I'm not sure if this is big enough for a 26" wheel, is threaded, and doesn't have a mount point for disc brakes. Does anyone know of any other options out there?

1548701319508.png
Could I cut off the mounting piece for rim brakes on this one, or is that integral to the way the suspension works?

I think that’s for strength as well as brake. There was a brand with the name beginning with M Magura? No idk what it was. I have the suntour rox shox knockoff and it’s been great it’s a threadless but it’s not a triple tree.

I'm looking for a triple tree so I can mount clip on handlebars, is front suspension worth it? My last bike was rigid..

I’ve seen some stiff tripple trees with the clip ons. Haven’t seen any with suspension and tripple trees. The suntour is pretty good I have a 180mm disc on mine. Maybe one from a dirt bike could work. I’m sure someone makes a clip on adapter for the single tube front suspension. I’d say it helps when I hit the same pothole all the time going up the road lol. This is my bike, it’s a beach cruiser with front suspension and mountain bike handlebars.
DC747E81-7572-4877-A619-77CDD7C28691.jpeg

Last edited:
You going to build a race bike? The clip ons are popular on sport bikes. You could probably make something if you can weld that would work with the single tube suspension.

No, I'm just looking to build a strong bike that's nice to ride. I might not go with clip-ons, they're not very comfortable. My last bike was a old raleigh road bike with 27 x 1.25 tires on it, rigid, rim brakes all around. I was thinking of doing a build with the in-frame gas tank frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back