Does anyone sell Triple Tree Forks with suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total budget for the build is $450 - 500 USD, would a rigid triple tree be better than the suntour XC shocks? My last bike was rigid, I didn't have any issues with it except for a stiff back after long rides, I don't think I have the budget for those downhill forks.

Also what length fork would I want for a normal type of bike, I'm not a big fan of the cruisers with super long forks..

yeah with a budget, triple tree suspension is almost out of the question. I got a solid set of Marz 888 downhill used for $250 off ebay but rigid forks will be cheaper n look cool so you can keep in your budget for the rest of the bike. Springer fork maybe?? MTB forks are decent for budget suspension. my cheapie 700c road bike 48cc not counting electrical is over 5 and it's not disc, hates bumps but I took it on 3 long ass trips anyway and yeah butt n back hurt but it's light n fun, goes 31mph

I think I'd rather have a strong rigid fork than buy a cheap suspension fork. I'm not a big fan of springer forks really. I think I'm going to use a rigid triple tree for this build. Thanks all for the help.

That’s the name that escaped me Marzocchi. The suntour XC shocks are fine they’re still $70 for a knockoff. They have adjustable preload and disc/v brake compatibility. I think mine have 110mm travel. Kinda wish they had rubber boots covering the exposed area on the shock because grit will get on there. Unless you get seat type/position right I think the clip ons would be uncomfortable as bike frames have different geometry than a sport bike.
Yeah I was being fussy staying that you need the Marzocchi's huge oil volume in open oil bath damping for heat dissipation. Technically you do need it if working the damping hard for extended periods of time on dirt roads. Practically though, it's not likely to be a problem for street use.

The old, but top of the range, Marzocchis I have been buying were all less than the price of those new Suntours, and the quality is a lot higher, and with superior heat dissipation. My 19-20 year old Marzocchi stanchions look newer than many one year old Suntours!

Interestingly (or not?) Suntour are the Taiwanese manufacturer of the newer (2006+) crappy Marzocchi brand mountain bike forks.

Fork boots were found to actually hold the grit/debris in, rather than keep it out, which is why they are no longer used for mountain bikes.

They are Taiwan made? I thought they were Chinese. I know the $70 was well spent. I’m thinking of getting a Taiwan made 150cc bike.

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/components/fork/RUX-26-5831.html these look really cool but I think they wouldn’t accept clip ons. - Holy cow those are expensive $855 ok maybe those aren’t in his budget.
That's a good point. I should only have been recommending 32mm stanchion models. Then you can use a pair of stems (1&1/8" steerer 32mm bar, used backwards) to mount a 28mm old mountain bike handlebar (chopped in half).
The Junior T and Super T have 32mm stanchions.

This is worth a read, I promise..
https://www.mtbr.com/product/older-categories-bikes/2003-front-shocks/marzocchi/junior-t.html

Be patient and one will come up for auction, and it'll be cheap because it only fits 26" wheels and it is not 2.8kg like a modern air sprung Suntour flagship model... but that suits us! (y);)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back