Does polishing the motors crank connecting rod help performance?

Would drilling the rod to lose weight a good idea, or would it just waken the rod too much?
Drilling rods will definitely lighten them and will also put Windows in your crankcase, not advised. Also in reference to earlier post I haven't had many of these China girl engines apart but everyone I had apart the crank rods are forged not cast you can tell by the width of the parting line where the two halves of the die come together, on a casting they are very fine sometimes almost indistinguishable but on a forged piece The Parting line is fairly wide compared to the overall piece on these China girl engine i have noticed a parting line of over 1/16 of an inch.

Just curious, what is the most HP someone has squeezed out of one of these engines. I'm guessing that some people have done insane builds with these. I've seen engines with a kx80 cylinder, but I wouldn't count that due to the amount of machining necessary, I'm more of wondering about saw or minarelli builds.
I keep mine around 4-5hp. I have built a few screamers, I don't really care for them. I mainly ride at around 20-25 mph, no need for massive power. Just need enough to have fun off roading and going up hills.

Yeah it was over 60 actually but my ride has me sitting very low and bars are almost level with my shoulders and I sit upright so straight arm's just had to control the fish tailing LOL.
What frame are you running? I like it. Thinking about doing a chopper rat bike. That frame just might be the next girl I throw money at.

What frame are you running? I like it. Thinking about doing a chopper rat bike. That frame just might be the next girl I throw money at.
WCC Jesse James frame from around 06 I think,

Attachments

• fWest_Coast_Choppers_Jesse_James_Bike_Bic_5bb6e40609bdd.jpg
    fWest_Coast_Choppers_Jesse_James_Bike_Bic_5bb6e40609bdd.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 75
  • 2018-07-25 23.32.32.jpg
    2018-07-25 23.32.32.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 56
You most definitely do not want to drill holes in a rod! Google "shot peening" and find out everything about it. Why is a yd100 rod superior? I'm a 4 stroke guy. To qualify as a replacement it would physically need to be the same with every dimension. And, if you did not want to rebalance your engine the big end, small end and overall weight would need to be the same also. Is the connecting rod the weakest part in this assembly?

You most definitely do not want to drill holes in a rod! Google "shot peening" and find out everything about it. Why is a yd100 rod superior? I'm a 4 stroke guy. To qualify as a replacement it would physically need to be the same with every dimension. And, if you did not want to rebalance your engine the big end, small end and overall weight would need to be the same also. Is the connecting rod the weakest part in this assembly?
No, the rods are all the same. There is no bases for needing a yd/ld rod other than a longer stroke.

Back