Does this look like it would be uncomfortable to ride?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by skyl4rk, Sep 23, 2008.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

Does the bike in the attached pic look like it would be uncomfortable to ride? Maybe it is strictly a track bike? It looks awesome but maybe it is only for racing?

Attached Files:

<
  2. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

Beautiful ride you got there....

3. Ant27

Ant27 Member

Yeah well I think we all have preferred riding positions. I'd get very tired of reaching the handlebars, but that's just because I have a different reason of riding it. Maybe if you took it around town for a bit or had a short commute, you'd enjoy it. It all depends. Have you ever been on it?

4. skyl4rk

skyl4rk Guest

5. Ant27

Ant27 Member

haha yeah i never get to ride awesome bikes.
    BESIDES MY BEACH CRUISER :] jkjk

6. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Nope, that's not bad.

The downturned handlbars are a sure clue that it is a boardtrack bike, not a road bike.

That being said, I have a similar riding position, not quite as stretched out, and not quite as downturned, but I find it comfortable (at 6'3" and over 220#).

Attached Files:

7. astring

astring Member

Depends on how tall you are.

8. kerf

kerf Guest

Looks righteous but I probably would be uncomfortable. I'm old and like to sit straight up but that's just me.

9. DougC

DougC Guest

It would be horribly uncomfortable--as it is, the grips are at least four inches below the seat.

The bars are adjustable, and could be turned up quite a bit--but then the problem is that the pedals are still pretty far back. With the cranks horizontal the rear pedal is underneath the seat--and that's not going to feel good for long.

If you put on a small pair of footpegs, forward of the "pedal/foot radius", it would be a big improvement. The front exhaust pipe is kinda in the way though.

--------

I've said this elsewhere, but I got into it when I was building the frame I did--it's just about impossible to make a frame that looks authentic and that is still really comfortable to ride.

Incidentally, the grey Excelsior behind it in the photo has "road"-style Shelby handlebars, that are one type of bars that a "normal" motorcycle would have had. I made a pair of these style for mine and they look nice--and they feel fine once you get going 7-8 mph or so, but are very difficult to steer well with at low speeds due to the excessive tiller action they have.
    ~

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2008
  10. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

looks like a perfect fit -- on this side anyway

wish I could

Ride That Thing - Mountainman