Does this look like it would be uncomfortable to ride?

S

skyl4rk

Does the bike in the attached pic look like it would be uncomfortable to ride? Maybe it is strictly a track bike? It looks awesome but maybe it is only for racing?

Attachments

• DSC00593.jpg
    DSC00593.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 251

Ant27

Local time
10:01 AM
Yeah well I think we all have preferred riding positions. I'd get very tired of reaching the handlebars, but that's just because I have a different reason of riding it. Maybe if you took it around town for a bit or had a short commute, you'd enjoy it. It all depends. Have you ever been on it?

H

HoughMade

Nope, that's not bad.

The downturned handlbars are a sure clue that it is a boardtrack bike, not a road bike.

That being said, I have a similar riding position, not quite as stretched out, and not quite as downturned, but I find it comfortable (at 6'3" and over 220#).

Attachments

• user2397_pic1582_1221337745.jpg
    user2397_pic1582_1221337745.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 146
K

kerf

Looks righteous but I probably would be uncomfortable. I'm old and like to sit straight up but that's just me.

D

DougC

Does the bike in the attached pic look like it would be uncomfortable to ride? Maybe it is strictly a track bike? It looks awesome but maybe it is only for racing?
It would be horribly uncomfortable--as it is, the grips are at least four inches below the seat.

The bars are adjustable, and could be turned up quite a bit--but then the problem is that the pedals are still pretty far back. With the cranks horizontal the rear pedal is underneath the seat--and that's not going to feel good for long.

If you put on a small pair of footpegs, forward of the "pedal/foot radius", it would be a big improvement. The front exhaust pipe is kinda in the way though.

--------

I've said this elsewhere, but I got into it when I was building the frame I did--it's just about impossible to make a frame that looks authentic and that is still really comfortable to ride.

Incidentally, the grey Excelsior behind it in the photo has "road"-style Shelby handlebars, that are one type of bars that a "normal" motorcycle would have had. I made a pair of these style for mine and they look nice--and they feel fine once you get going 7-8 mph or so, but are very difficult to steer well with at low speeds due to the excessive tiller action they have.
~

Last edited by a moderator: