Does this look like it would be uncomfortable to ride?

S

skyl4rk

Does the bike in the attached pic look like it would be uncomfortable to ride? Maybe it is strictly a track bike? It looks awesome but maybe it is only for racing?

Attachments

• DSC00593.jpg
    DSC00593.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 268
Yeah well I think we all have preferred riding positions. I'd get very tired of reaching the handlebars, but that's just because I have a different reason of riding it. Maybe if you took it around town for a bit or had a short commute, you'd enjoy it. It all depends. Have you ever been on it?

Nope, that's not bad.

The downturned handlbars are a sure clue that it is a boardtrack bike, not a road bike.

That being said, I have a similar riding position, not quite as stretched out, and not quite as downturned, but I find it comfortable (at 6'3" and over 220#).

Attachments

• user2397_pic1582_1221337745.jpg
    user2397_pic1582_1221337745.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 161
Looks righteous but I probably would be uncomfortable. I'm old and like to sit straight up but that's just me.

Does the bike in the attached pic look like it would be uncomfortable to ride? Maybe it is strictly a track bike? It looks awesome but maybe it is only for racing?
It would be horribly uncomfortable--as it is, the grips are at least four inches below the seat.

The bars are adjustable, and could be turned up quite a bit--but then the problem is that the pedals are still pretty far back. With the cranks horizontal the rear pedal is underneath the seat--and that's not going to feel good for long.

If you put on a small pair of footpegs, forward of the "pedal/foot radius", it would be a big improvement. The front exhaust pipe is kinda in the way though.

--------

I've said this elsewhere, but I got into it when I was building the frame I did--it's just about impossible to make a frame that looks authentic and that is still really comfortable to ride.

Incidentally, the grey Excelsior behind it in the photo has "road"-style Shelby handlebars, that are one type of bars that a "normal" motorcycle would have had. I made a pair of these style for mine and they look nice--and they feel fine once you get going 7-8 mph or so, but are very difficult to steer well with at low speeds due to the excessive tiller action they have.
~

Last edited by a moderator:
Back