Does this look right?

Ant27

Local time
7:03 PM
This is how I received my clutch cable. I have everything built accept the clutch cable part. Does this look like it's good? I can't feed it to the clutch lever on my handlebars because there is no knob on the end. Or if I put the knob end in the lever on my handlebars, the other side of the cable can swing the clutch arm thing. I could pick up a new one, but I just want to make sure I'm not trying to fix something that isn't broken.
It's a bad picture, but I think you'll get the idea.

Attachments

• 000_3118.jpg
    000_3118.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 181
hey - good morning Ant

we see you are still -- hard at it

remember -- in time -- you will be up and running

anyway -- yes - that looks like a complect cable
seems to have the end piece -- that goes into handle
inside cable and outside cable housing

you have that cool bicycle repair site that was mentioned by Bolts
might be time -- to work that site ?

ride that thing Mountainman

here

So how would I connect it with that?

ok in the picture, on the left side of the cable it has the round metal part on the end of the cable. that end goes in the pull lever on the handlebars. the other end goes through the clutch arm on the engine and you should have a little brass thing with a screw in it. you thread that onto the end without a metal tab and use the screw to tighten it up against the cluth arm. I hope that makes sense. sorry i dont have any pictures, my bike is in a different town. wait i found some pictures. now on my bike, i lost the brass thing so i just tied a knot in the cable in circle1, but that is where you should put the brass part. circle 2 is the pull lever, where you should hook up the end with the metal tab. i hope this helps. good luck.

DSCF0212-3.jpg

Back