Does this plug look alright?

Kpi890

Local time
9:58 AM
CF3C23D2-CFFD-4686-88DE-E3AEB1AF7D34.jpeg
6D2D5F2B-A7E0-4E31-8D58-1226FCBF4237.jpeg
97C92FEF-ACF8-4E51-A059-3F59B7C25ABC.jpeg
Hey all, just a quick question... I’ve got about 5 hours on my new engine running 18:1 Maxima pro scooter oil and just pulled the plug today to check and make sure all was well. Just wanted to know if I’m running it too rich, too, dry, or anything else. I want to make sure I’m not going to hurt my motor! Thanks!

To me it looks on the rich side which is what you want untill it's broken in...just don't be trying to haul ass with the motor.

To me it looks on the rich side which is what you want untill it's broken in...just don't be trying to haul ass with the motor.
Define “hauling ass”... and will this “hauling of ass” with a richer mixture hurt it? I’m almost though my second tank of 18:1 maxima when exactly is the break in period done? Thanks

You want vary engine speeds...hauling ass meaning holding it at wide open throttle all the time...you want to go slow then speed up then slow down then speed up again etc....

Run about 2 full tanks and it should be broken in
Oh okay haha I have been varying the throttle quite a bit and almost through the second tank. What gas oil ratio would you recommend after this tank finishes out? I’m currently on about 16:1

You'll want to replace the plug first off..then start the tuning of the carburetor.

Are you knowledgeable in tuning your carburetor?

You'll want to replace the plug first off..then start the tuning of the carburetor.

Are you knowledgeable in tuning your carburetor?
Ok I have a new plug here it’s a NGK (4085) BPR6HIX Iridium IX... is that okay to use? And I have looked at a lot on tuning the carb I was just going to open it up to see where the C clip was on the needle and maybe move it up one notch (one notch up away from the point end to make it leaner correct?). Do I put the new spark plug in right away and then tune the carb?

Back