Does this tire look OK?

I don't. I just wish I could have met him and got his stories. He died in the 60s or early 70s. Long before my time. According to my father and grandmother he was an as***le lol. Can't blame him tho.
My grandfather was a belly gunner - or ball turret gunner- in ww2. Can't imagine the things he saw! I only heard one or two "funny" stories but never any of the bad stuff.

My grandfather was a belly gunner - or ball turret gunner- in ww2. Can't imagine the things he saw! I only heard one or two "funny" stories but never any of the bad stuff.
There is an "Amazing Stories" espisode (mid 80's tv series) about a belly gunner that was a cartoonist. One of my favorites. I Need to watch it again somehow.

There's another thread here I forget which one about phones and what not. Mine is gutted as well. Phoning and texing with a browser. None of this 'social media' nonsense.
That would have been two posts I have made in the past...lol...lol.

I used a "homemade" header spreader to get a little clearance toward the front of the chain stays where the tire passes. It was needed when I put hookworm tires on my bike.

If there is not enough clearance after adding an axle nut like Damien suggests then a little additional spreading of the chain stays may give some clearance. I did this with the tire and rim on the bike. I slipped the spreader through the spokes.

You need to check whether the tire and rim spins true and address that if necessary.

It is very important nothing rubs on the tires. You do not want a blowout or tire failure going 25+ mph on a bicycle.....especially if it's preventable.

I would definitely replace the tire in the pic with a new tire.

I am not well versed in bicycle frame terminology. When the more knowledgeable guys "talk" here on MB.com they usually use very specific terms in their descriptions. I have to refer to pics like this often...

1657445733519.png

Back