Doesn’t kick start, Doesn’t idle, dies when clutch lever is pulled in or when it’s stopped

newuser3466

Local time
7:24 PM
I recently bought a 100cc motorized bike kit off Amazon and once putting it on I’ve never been able to start it or make it idle whenever I try kick start it doesn’t work and when I pedal and let go of the clutch lever it starts and accelerates as long as I’m throttling but if I let the bike come to a stop or a slow speed or pull in the clutch it dies. Can anyone please help me out have no idea what it could be

Take the engine off the bike, and trade the bike for one that has the room for an engine. That bike doesn't work for motorizing.
And what Chainlube has just said is the very best way to start with this...He is, of course, quite correct when he says that bike is not adequate for a motor...There is just not enough room in the frame to be able to mount a motor in such a way as it will actually work.

You need something like a beachcruiser frame in order to do a proper motor installation so as to get things to work properly.

Your motor needs to have a placement within the frame, much the same as mine is...No extreme angles to force fit it.

One exception. An intake that can level the carb out would solve things. Going to need to be custom made.
That motor is still at too extreme an angle...Oil coating the cylinder will always be coating the exhaust side and not cover moving parts evenly whatosever...Crank and piston weight will always be decidely heavier also on the exhaust port end of the motor as well.

That motor is still at too extreme an angle...Oil coating the cylinder will always be coating the exhaust side and not cover moving parts evenly whatosever...Crank and piston weight will always be decidely heavier also on the exhaust port end of the motor as well.
Eh, if the transfers angle to the intake it should be ok. Not ideal and still a potential issue, but favoring rhe exhaust is never a bad thing

Looking at the pics I don't even know how the gas is even getting to the carb. Looks like the fuel line is too long. Looks like the carburetor is above the filter
As long as the force of the fuel (Mass and gravity) is enough to overcome the resistance in the fuel line and filter, the fuel will still flow to the carb. With that fuel tank tilted so far back it puts most of the weight of the fuel right where the petcock is, and will do a surprisingly good job at keeping the fuel moving. It may be an issue once the tank starts to get below 1/4 to 1/8th, but otherwise it would work just fine. Carbs don't need a ton of fuel pressure to fill the bowl.

YEP, YEP, YEP, I do..Read these three posts I just posted and fix the things I see in the pics...It never ceases to amaze me the problems people are having that we can see if only folks would take pics right from the get go...How much time we could all save by seeing and fixing obvious problems...lol...lol.

First thing is to do is something with that carburetor/motor set up...That is way too much of an angle...Your carby should be standing up as level as possible not leaned almost into a lay down position...That float in the float bowl is not designed to work lying down at an angle...It is actually flooding out your engine in that position...Remember, that is a gravity feed carby, not a fuel pump...Your engine is literally drowning in fuel....That whole thing is really at too extreme of an angle to ever run properly, if at all.

Get RID of the electrical tape and GET THOSE WIRES OFF THE EXHAUST PIPE.
Ok will do and let you know

Back