Doing away with pedals

When the bike get's down to 15mph start pedaling to keep your momentum up.
When the bike gets below 25 mph I shift to 1st gear and eat offroad hill climbs. With my shift kit I can pedal to around 7k engine rpm, that's good to help my engine over 40 mph in 3rd gear.

A motorized bike, with no pedals, it's just a homemade motorcycle.

And it's a really really $hitty one too.......

So whats the point? To prove that you can bolt a cheap Chinese POS engine kit onto a bike frame, like thousands of other people have already done?? To demonstrate that you understand and can match 130-year-old technology?

For the same money, you can buy a much better used motor cycle or moped at that point.

Last edited:
Its definitely possible, but why?

Pedals arnt causing you to have clearance issues, helps get you back home (yes, i own a maxi, a MAB is easier to pedal home)

Only reason i see is to run a jackshaft to the drailuer and have a "7 speed"

You could just weld some motorcycle foot pegs to the chainstay and chop off the crank arms.

But the downsides greatly outweigh the up sides.

Well, its a free country, your bike, your choice.

When the bike gets below 25 mph I shift to 1st gear and eat offroad hill climbs. With my shift kit I can pedal to around 7k engine rpm, that's good to help my engine over 40 mph in 3rd gear.

OH, I got pedals, I forget sometimes :LOL:

DSCF9332.JPG
DSCF9343.JPG
DSCF9346.JPG
DSCF9349.JPG

DSCF9355.JPG
DSCF9313.JPG
DSCF9328.JPG

Your engine is over twice mine in ccs, I hope you can go a couple miles an hour faster :p

She's a Flathead. If I put a OHV kit on her she would do 65 - 70 MPH. http://pbseng.com/whizzer/
Some guy's have made their Flatheads go 65MPH.
I'm happy with my normal cruising speeds of 40-45 MPH and top speed 50-55 MPH on flat ground.

There is a Modern 2 speed CVT Whizzer and the Vintage had a Bimatic 2 speed clutch. Good for a low gear.
Many use a Torque-A-Verter. Some guys have used an Abalon 3 speed trans (rare British trans)
3 speeds with a OHV kit, Whizzer is a Monster.
I meant to say, "Monster with Pedals" :LOL:
DSCF8523.JPG

Last edited:
Your engine is over twice mine in ccs, I hope you can go a couple miles an hour faster :p
I hope so too since my CG Zeda 80, (69 cc), 36 tooth, can do those speeds already and my engine, carbie, exhaust, etc., are totally stock...lol...lol...DAMIEN
I've always been impressed at what the HS and CG engines can do in stock form. When a shift kit is installed now I'm really impressed (y)

Back