Doks Cafe Racer Build

Ill have to post tomorrow after work tomorrow with what I will fabricobble together during my lunch
I think crappy tire has muffler clamps as small as 1 3/8. A trick I learned from @gary55 was if the down tube is a little small, slice another short length of pipe in half and put the halves on opposite sides of the down tube.

Issue is, it i try to attach to the rear tube first, the carb hits the top of the frame :(

thats one clean clamp! and its a zoombikes 80-sr i believe

Thanks for the replies!
Your engine is a BT80 rebranded lol. It's very similar to my E-start bt80, just with a manual clutch and no electric start.

So needs a bit of adjustment, but not bad for taking basic measurements and fabricating the bracket with out the bike to use for reference. Off by about a 1/8" . Tomorrow just need to weld a 1/8 metal shim to it or better yet, find a muffler clamp with a 1/8 distance :) might hit up crappy tire tonight.
20240402_125759.jpg
20240402_180120.jpg

So needs a bit of adjustment, but not bad for taking basic measurements and fabricating the bracket with out the bike to use for reference. Off by about a 1/8" . Tomorrow just need to weld a 1/8 metal shim to it or better yet, find a muffler clamp with a 1/8 distance :) might hit up crappy tire tonight. View attachment 211251View attachment 211252
An exaust clamp should give you the space you need. You might need to grind it out a hair.

I laughed out loud to my total dismay. She ain't pretty she just looks that way. Needs some final adjustment, made my engine side bolt holes off by and blond one. Tomorrow engine will be officially mounted. probably going to add a second muffler clamp as well. View attachment 211272
Looks pretty good to me. A second clamp would probably cut down in vibration a bit too.

If it works, it works, I have a janky brace on my Phatmoto, but it does the job!

Paint it high temp silver and it'll look better.

I laughed out loud to my total dismay. She ain't pretty she just looks that way. Needs some final adjustment, made my engine side bolt holes off by and blond one. Tomorrow engine will be officially mounted. probably going to add a second muffler clamp as well. View attachment 211272
Good job for a rookie, just make sure your chain isn't going to rattle off it where it attaches to the engine.

How much was the muffler clamp? That type of mount can also be used front and rear to move the engine up away from the pedals.

Back