Done, but dealing with problem after problem =D

not entirely wrong, pete, most cops like the chance to practice positive discretion, but we have to justify it for them.

but, yeah, once we box the law into a corner, legality is the deciding factor.

Yeah, I know, spirit of the law vs letter of the law.

Here's why my first bike will be uber-legit. I will discreatly take it onto bike trails during off hours inorder to make time crossing the county. No excess noise, speed or smoke...way it has to be, for me.

Give it a couple weeks Joseph, then decide what action to take.

i agree...JG: if you can hang, try to wait it out, maybe even have a calm talk with the cops & see if there's a way to reduce their safety concerns, which is the reason, IMO, that they felt they had to act.

azkronic said:
sorry you got nailed dude :( :eek:
at least you got quick news on selling it :D
I hope it helps to know you can tinker even more with a motorcycle :eek:

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

I won't talk about dummy cops in Scottsdale, right Vinnie?

augidog said:
i agree...JG: if you can hang, try to wait it out, maybe even have a calm talk with the cops & see if there's a way to reduce their safety concerns, which is the reason, IMO, that they felt they had to act.

Oh, I did. They respected me when they stopped me, and so I treated them with it, had a calm talk, i asked which ways I could go about making it legal, and my options. And I am still choosing to sell it. so far no takers, except for the one guy who hasn't called me back, but he works down the street.

$550 for the bike, 1.5 Gal gas can, sheet of gasket material and permatex, and spare tires. Sound fair? even though the extras are cheap in stores, they are still free :D

JosephGarcia said:
jerryt said:
Joseph, that is one good looking bike (I'm too old to say it looks "sick") and I'm looking forward to watching you bring it to life.
Seeing as how CVC 406b says you need pedals will you have to register it as a motorcycle if you take them off?

Good question, I know some of the police around here by name, and am polite to the rest. My last bike had no pedals and the only thing they ever told me was that I needed working rear and front lights. They didn't even say anything about me not using a helmet, but I dress like I'm riding a motorcycle anyways, Boots, heavy pants, thick protective jacket. I follow the laws and don't do anything stupid to get a officer to notice me.

It is a grey area though and even though the officers that I see most often are pretty cool about it, there is always a chance I will meet an officer who doesn't like my bike, and I don't know what I would say to him about me missing the pedals either. So I do worry about that sometimes.

What specific bike were you riding, the one in your avatar?

The bike that this thread is about. Page 2 or 3 has pics of it completed.

Ok, guys...

I decided...

To keep the bike, I'm getting fenders, a helmet, and the rest of my lighting system set up tomorrow.

I thought about it, and since I was only stopped for not signalling when turning (my mistake) I'll keep riding and be more careful. I hope the cops that are out looking to get these off the street dont bother me becuase I will be within the law ( as long as they dont see into my wallet with x-ray vision that i dont have my license.)

So, I'm back on the road!

Dont let Da Man get to ya 8) If they mess with ya we'll come over and ride thought town Mob style :devilish:

Also, I wanted to ask (rather than start a new thread)

For a clutch, What if I decided to use a brake lever as a clutch? It would mean it would act more like a motorcycle clutch and not lock in the closed position, so I would have to come to a complete stop before releasing it, and pull it back when i need to roll, and at stop lights. but my kingsmotorbikes clutch lever is showing its age, and not working too great. I might end up buying the dax, but I haven't decided.

Would leaving the clutch in a engaged position when the engine is off have any adverse effects on it? I wouldn't think so from what I see of how they work, but ya never know.

Info please.

thanks.

Back