Done, but dealing with problem after problem =D

the absolutely only difference would be you wouldn't have a locking feature. i'm trying to remember to let mine go slack too when it's parked. prolly last a bit longer if i did.

NEW PICS OF MY ADDED FENDERS! I really like them, I had to cut the back one short becuase I didn't want a full fender, and not having metal working tools isn't that bad, I used some correctly position bending and my own muscle strength to rip it off, folded the edges in with pliers and I was done.

here are the pics.
904_HPIM0596_1.jpg

904_HPIM0597_1.jpg

904_HPIM0598_1.jpg

Now I'm going to mount my rear light.

Also, pretty soon I'm getting a friend who works with metal often to make and extension to my exhaust pipe and have it stick out the rear of the bike instead of 3 inches off the floor. This current one hits speedbumps in parking lots and it's not good at all.

One thing that happened to me recently was that I was driving at night with my headlight on, once in awhile I noticed what looked like a spark fly up from the engine out in front of the bike.

I stopped riding the bike and resealed all my gaskets just to be sure.

Turns out, if a small tiny bit of paper flies up into the headlight area when your driving it will illuminate it yellowy and it looks like your engine is throwing sparks. Boy was I scared! at least now I have good gaskets. =D

good job on the fender
looks as good as I can do with a dremel!!!
I always leave mine sitting with clutch engaged
between that and the toggle kill switch I have ,I hope it'll take em longer to figure out how to start my bike than it will for me to chase em down :LOL:

azkronic said:
good job on the fender
looks as good as I can do with a dremel!!!
I always leave mine sitting with clutch engaged
between that and the toggle kill switch I have ,I hope it'll take em longer to figure out how to start my bike than it will for me to chase em down :LOL:

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

I want to have a toggle switch under my seat that is connected the killswitch wire, so that when the toggle is on, the engine is always grounded to the frame and wont start, while the other position would let the killswitch on the throttle work as normal.

Cutting my rear guard was done the old fashioned way, with a hacksaw! :eek: .... and being that it was 10pm and I was eager to see how they looked on the bike I couldn't fire up the bench grinder to smooth out the cut..... will do next time it's apart.

904_HPIM0599_1.jpg

904_HPIM0600_1.jpg

Lights on, my camera had flash on and you can't see how bright they really are. Going out for a night ride right now to pick up some gloves.

Perfect placement of the rear fender IMO. I love the "bobber" style when the fender ends right at the top of the tire.

Today was great. Taught my girlfriend how to ride it becuase she loves motorcycles but is scared of the big ones, she fell a few times but got the hang of it pretty fast.

She kept kicking off my rear light when she got off the bike, so I have to find a better mount for it.

I drove it to the local motorcycle shop/store/place whatever, and they loved it.

I also found out that even though these engines sound really whiney when your ON the bike, they sound pretty deep and mean when your watching it go by, this makes it more fun to ride. I used to be embarrased of the whiney 2 stroke sound, even though I know alot of you guys love it. so now I feel pretty good about riding it down the street, it sounds just like the boardtrack bikes in the youtube video I posted in the "boardtrack info" thread.

Getting a helmet tomorrow, a cheapie target one that looks like one of those motorcycle helmets that fit just the top of your head and are pretty small. I forgot the name of them. I dont expect it to actually protect me, it will just be there so I am not bothered on the street hopefully, just until I can afford a good motorcycle DOT helmet.

on that note, how many of you guys wear helmets? and what kind? PM so the thread is clean

If all goes well, my girlfriends dad (shes only 17, dont hate me for that lol) will pay me enough to build her one of these bikes, which is totally awesome.

new pics.

904_HPIM0601_1.jpg

I found a nice coiled cable combination lock by Schwinn that has an adapter to attach it to the frame, it is right there above my carburator. Also the small boxes under my seat and under the gas tank, they do nothing and are emtpy, made of plastic, I must find a use for them.

a toolbag is also installed, you can see it as the first thing above the cylinder, it holds the 10mm wrench for tightening any bolt that needs it, (they all are the same size lol) a rachet style screwdriver, becuase it fits easy and has different attachments that fit in the cavity of the handle. and a small pair of pliers.

the small bag with a white line on it (which is a zipper) used to be for my cheapie digicam, it now holds the battery for the rear light and allows for easy replacement and concealment.

So this is my bike as of now.

I'm thinking of getting a Whizzer style rear rack with leather saddlebags. I'm tired of carrying stuff when I ride, becuase i often go to the store on it.

Will it kill the look of my bike or help? opinions please.

Back